Sports Interactive Community
  • Mac

4 questions in this category

1. I receive a game unavailable message when I try and launch the game

After each step, please re-test the issue. - First try exiting and restart Steam - Then make sure your Mac is fully updated - If that doesn’t work, exit Steam and rename the ClientRegistry.blob and restart Steam - If you’re still having issues exit Steam and delete everything except SteamApps under the Steam installation directory, ~/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam, this will force Steam to update when you log in - Complete the Verifying GCF Cache File
    2. I've encountered a crash dump on launching or playing the game

If you’ve encountered a crash whilst starting the game or whilst the game is processing when attempting to play Football Manager 2016 please try the following troubleshooting techniques in order to try and resolve the issue. Delete Cache Delete Preference Reverify Cache Once you’ve done this, re-launch the game and try again. If it still crashes at exactly the same point, please create a thread on the Football Manager 2016 Technical Issues/Crashes forum with the followin
    3. Steam states I need to be online when I’m already online?

Please follow these instructions if you are on a Mac and you get a popup stating "Steam needs to be online to update", even though you are already connected to the internet. Mac OS X (all versions) • Open Finder. • Click the "Go" menu in the menubar. • Press and hold down the "Option" (Alt) key. • Click the "Library" item in the menu. • Go into the folder named "Application Support" then "Steam". • Delete the file named "registry.vdf"
    4. The game appears in an unsuitable resolution where I can’t click any buttons, what can I do?

If you launch the game and find you are unable to enter any part of the game due to the game appearing in a strange resolution, please follow the troubleshooting steps below. Delete Cache Delete Preference Reverify Cache Once you’ve completed these steps change your resolution to ‘More Space’ as shown here - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202471 When this is done, launch the game. If after completing all the above steps you’re still encountering issues, please ra
    Sign in to follow this