• Recruitment Focus horribly broken

10wnu9
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Regarding Recruitment Focuses, is it confirmed they will be fixed and is there any list that can be provided of upcoming bug fixes?

Presently if I set up a recruitment focus, regardless of if I am in control or chief scout with these parameters:

CA Star: 0.5 star or higher

PA Star: 3.5+

Any position

Age 15-20

No results are yielded. It may be worth noting no results are yielded for almost all parameters, even dropping star potential and increasing age range.

The recruitment focus will run for a week or so, then come back as ended with the option to restart. However often times above this it will say I should keep scouting. 

Can I get confirmation this is a known bug as I'm not far off giving up with the game, it's really killed it. FMM23 on the other hand, just fine. 

Worth noting this is on Nintendo Switch. There is also not option to set how long the scouting/recruitment process runs for, or who undertakes the scouting.

If there are any other bugs I remember (as there is quite a few regarding recruitment!) I'll add them as a comment on this thread. Thanks for your time.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Furthermore, is there a time frame? Are (partial) refunds going to be issued? From what I can tell the bug has been present since release, 4 months on it's still an issue. Kind of rough for a £35 game to not have it's main feature working :confused:

• SI Staff

Hello @10wnu9

Selecting every position does not mean you will find a player for each position. It means you are looking for a player that plays ALL positions.

For example, if you select LM and GK, you are not looking for LM or a GK. You are looking for someone that can play GK AND LM. 

This is why your focuses are coming back with no results found.

Also, if you are having other issues we'd prefer if you could make separate threads each time, so it's easier for us to keep track of, thank you.

3 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @10wnu9

Selecting every position does not mean you will find a player for each position. It means you are looking for a player that plays ALL positions.

For example, if you select LM and GK, you are not looking for LM or a GK. You are looking for someone that can play GK AND LM. 

This is why your focuses are coming back with no results found.

Also, if you are having other issues we'd prefer if you could make separate threads each time, so it's easier for us to keep track of, thank you.

Okay, thank you for your assistance. I have since got the switch out, and retried recruitment focuses setting up all 6 across different positions. For example, I set up ST with the parameters

CA 0.5+ star

PA 3.5+ star

Age at most 19

No specific role set. This absolutely should yield results.

See attached picture. The recruitment focus came back within 2 weeks, stating the results found 17 recommendations but that the search had ended and I have the option to restart. This is despite it recommending that I keep going with the search for players. When I press restart it initially does nothing. It is worth noting at one point I have spam pressed restart, carried on the save and came back to 7/6 recruitment focuses as a result of my spam clicking. 

As for finding recruitment focuses that are completed, it just doesn't quite make sense. For example my DC focus has completed, yielded 10 results after 2 weeks and ended despite being recommended to continue. When I press the completed tab on the overview page it doesn't appear on the list. I have to find it through the arrows, flicking through active to completed. The way that works is to go to recruitment focuses, and press the drop down on the left beside completed to find active and completed tasks.

IMG_20230220_152526.jpg