• Players expecting unrealistic wages when already on low wages

CTxCB
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I am doing a Network Save with a friend, and I made a bid for Ben Brereton Diaz as Nottingham Forest, his wages being £7.5K p/w at Blackburn Rovers. My bid got accepted and the player was expecting a "lucrative wage" of at least £50K p/w. I think this is very unrealistic as it doesn't consider his current wage. I was expecting to pay no more than £30K p/w for him. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

There's a lot of subjectivity in this area, I can see your point on one hand but an agent of a certain mindset and perhaps reluctance on some part of the player given you're not an established PL side may result in the players demands being higher. It's something worth getting checked out a bit further if we can, do you have a save game available still from before the point you entered contract negotiations? This would allow the QA team to investigate further. A guide on sharing your save file is available here: 

2 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

There's a lot of subjectivity in this area, I can see your point on one hand but an agent of a certain mindset and perhaps reluctance on some part of the player given you're not an established PL side may result in the players demands being higher. It's something worth getting checked out a bit further if we can, do you have a save game available still from before the point you entered contract negotiations? This would allow the QA team to investigate further. A guide on sharing your save file is available here: 

I don't, however I will try to replicate it tonight, either on the same save or another and upload it. I can understand what you're saying, but I think it needs to be toned town a bit overall. I've had this happen multiple times during the beta just on that network save, I can't remember players names, but most of which were on similar wages to Ben Brereton Diaz at Blackburn Rovers, and wanted in the region of £40-60K each. It just feels like the wage pricing is only taking into consideration the wage structure of Nottingham Forest (which is massively inflated by the wages of Lingard and Henderson), and not the wage at his current club. I could understand that if he was a Free Agent, but not if he's already at a club and on a wage. I feel the best practice would be to take a players current wage, and the wage where he'd fit in at the club, and set his wage demands at the average, the mid-way point, between both.

There's definitely some kind of problem with what wages players expect (in England at least, haven't noticed it on a save in Indonesia) as even in the National League, players are asking for unrealistically high wages.

Offering Jordan Slew a new contract with Halifax results in him wanting an extra £2k a week (ridiculous considering he's on £700) and even trying to sign very low CA players like Jerome Binnom-Williams results in them asking for figures of around £1.5k a week.

• SI Staff
    34 minutes ago, LewisRWalsh said:

There's definitely some kind of problem with what wages players expect (in England at least, haven't noticed it on a save in Indonesia) as even in the National League, players are asking for unrealistically high wages.

Offering Jordan Slew a new contract with Halifax results in him wanting an extra £2k a week (ridiculous considering he's on £700) and even trying to sign very low CA players like Jerome Binnom-Williams results in them asking for figures of around £1.5k a week.

That's a separate issue and one we are aware of.

Thanks,
    Dan

3 hours ago, Daniel Wells said:

That's a separate issue and one we are aware of.

Thanks,
    Dan

Hi Dan - for clarity what is specifically impacted by the issue? Is it believed that requested wages are inflated across the board for non-league players, or just specific one-off incidents? 

I have a save underway in the national league so just want to sense check before progressing further. 

• SI Staff
    54 minutes ago, dannyfc said:

Hi Dan - for clarity what is specifically impacted by the issue? Is it believed that requested wages are inflated across the board for non-league players, or just specific one-off incidents? 

I have a save underway in the national league so just want to sense check before progressing further. 

National league and below players wage demands were slightly inflated generally and is something we are reviewing to get the balance right.

Thanks,
    Dan

1 minute ago, Daniel Wells said:

National league and below players wage demands were slightly inflated generally and is something we are reviewing to get the balance right.

Thanks,
    Dan

OK great thanks.

They don't seem too extreme in my save so far, but did notice an increase from previous years.

By and large, most players I've encountered seem to want another 20% to their current wage so nothing too extreme yet. On the surface that feels quite reasonable, but since it's everyone it does quickly make the squad budget unsustainable. Particularly with older players (32+), who should at best expect parity if not a reduction to secure another year of salary. 

Glad it's being reviewed, hopefully rebalanced by release. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Wells said:

Thanks,
    Dan

I appreciate the need to slightly increase the demands of non-league players, seeing as they're the ones who are going to be affected by the cost of living crisis the most - but it feels like something's gone wrong somewhere when even players of a low ability by National League and National League North and South standards are asking for more than some of the top earners at certain clubs in those leagues. 

Definitely understand how tricky it is to find the right balance when there's so much that I imagine will need to be taken into consideration (such as the figures provided by researchers for National League clubs wage-wise) so appreciate that it's being looked at. Hopefully the right balance can be found

• SI Staff

As mentioned by Daniel, at lower ends its an issue we're aware of and looking into. There has been a look into the original scenario though, and its definitely a big jump but its not something we would see too much of an issue with. Keep in mind there are a lot of gameplay mechanics through which you can establish an interest in a player and lay the groundwork for much more favourable negotiations. 

For example:

- Declare interest in player
    - Begin negotiations with the club, lower range valuations with non-negotiable bids to see if you can unsettle the player
    - Reaching out to the agent to understand the players demands
    - Player interactions to promote club to target

15 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

I've started a brand new save, and in the same game world have managed Liverpool and Nottingham Forest. Liverpool gets a slight reduction in wages of around £10K p/w (but that's as an Emergency Backup, which makes it even more obscene). But they're both pretty high wages compared to what he's already on.

The saves uploaded are:

• Seati Seaby - Nottingham Forest A.fm
    • Seati Seaby - Liverpool.fm

At both clubs in the aforementioned game world, I've tried to ask the agent to lower the player's wage demands and at both clubs, I've got this message above the dialogue:
    2406c244e6b9653cbdac96695faa3426.png

Another example of this is, as Liverpool, trying to ask the Agent about Mykhaylo Mudryk. He's on £5K p/w, and wants between £54K p/w and £75K p/w:
    8998e920db5eeaabeb941b0a624961a0.png