• Player transfer choice seems illogical

sQuilliam
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

Players frequently seem to prefer a move to another team because the squad is stronger, even though all other considerations favour my team.

Example: top of league mid-way through season.

Player accepts offer from team in 17th position, and on a lower wage, because they believe the squad is stronger.

This happened frequently on FM22, but it seems more like a disregarded flaw than a realistic element

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Just to add: Is it possible to adjust players accepting AI contract offers for much less wages and money than you have offered, even when your club is the preferred destination? I get it where a player is going to a bigger club or is an unsettled current player, but it's jarring in prospective players due to the higher levels of transparency prior to meeting the agent (player is very interested in joining your club, less interested in other bidding clubs). Example: I offer X player who has stated my club is this no1 choice 55k pw, but ends up going to 2nd choice as squad player on £35pw. I don't think I'd call this a 'bug' as such, and I'm sorry but I do not have the screen shot- it's hard to know this is happening in advance, and the game appears to have deleted the news item that allows you to offer a contract. If I can evidence this better I will but maybe some light can be shed around the logic of player/agent choices here. 

If you have a save from just before you offer the contract, you can upload it for SI to review. Ideally, write down the steps (including what you're offering) so that they can reproduce what you've done. That gives them the perfect example to investigate whether there's some logic to it or whether there could be some adjustments.