• Free Agent signing unable to be registered outside of transfer window

jacob_m_mack
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

As Scarborough Athletic in EFL League One I signed Nathan Butler-Oyedeji, previously a free agent, in October, outside of the transfer window. However, I'm not allowed to register him for the league, despite the fact that free agents should be able to be registered outside of the transfer window. I've looked through the forum and noticed that someone else had this issue and that they were also in League One, it might be a League One specific issue for some reason.

Save file is uploaded: Jacob Mack - Scarborough Athletic.fm

And I've also uploaded a save file from prior to Butler-Oyedeji signing his contract if that's helpful: Jacob Mack - Scarborough Athletic (v02).fm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Our QA team will take a look into this further. Has the player in question been released outside of a transfer window as well? If so I believe this may be the reason why. If he had been released post-deadline day then he wouldn't be eligible for registration until January if I'm remembering the rules correctly.

9 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

Helps to clarify that aspect then. Our QA team will look into it further as mentioned and see what they can uncover.

As far as I can see this was first noted as an bug on 7th October *Nov* why is it taking so long to address? 

It is stopping me from continuing the game and there are several threads about the same issue which don't seem to be getting much attention.

Edited by sjw1989
    wrong date

• SI Staff

I do appreciate that its frustrating to run into an issue that impacts your save, but the only fair response I can give is to be open and honest. In a broad sense, not just about this thread, bugs are investigated and naturally we aim to fix as many as we can - as soon as we can. However, there's no guarantee that a particular fix will/will not make the next build. Furthermore, we don't have a set in stone schedule of when updates go out. The decision to continue a save is always going to be your own to make. After an update is released we will typically look to confirm the bugs we know should be resolved via this tracker but given the nature of software development it would be poor practice to promise fixes in advance that we may not be able to deliver on for a whole host of reasons. 

Issue still there. Wrexham in League one and I can't register a free signing on 8th November 2024. Very annoying given I'm paying him the highest wages in my team!

• Administrators

Afraid it would need a new save file to resolve this because of the nature of the issue - was it created before the update I presume? Can only apologise, it was a tricky one.

On 05/04/2023 at 10:01, Kyle Brown said:

Afraid it would need a new save file to resolve this because of the nature of the issue - was it created before the update I presume? Can only apologise, it was a tricky one.

Have there been any more reports of this bug since FM24 was released Kyle?