• Agent feedback is wrong now too?

Weston
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

Asked Al-Laafi's agent what he wanted in a contract. He said 20k range. Then I got a little bit more money, and suddenly now he won't even entertain negotiations at all because he thinks I can't afford him??

This is so incredibly frustrating how across the board everything seems so broken, it's such a slog to do anything jumping over so many bugs.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

For clarity I have 200-400k available in the wage budget depending on which point you check. I added 1 million more to my wage budget to see what would happen and now he's asking for like 150k, which is outrageous.

It's clear that something is very broken here, and it's especially frustrating because the board won't let you use the money you have, so you can never meet anyone's demands even when you can afford them, and if you use the editor to greatly expand you wage budget so that the board maximums increase proportionately so you can get them to let you offer what you know you could already afford, the player somehow knows you've done this and then asks for more, so it's a never-ending feedback loop of unrealistic frustration.

Across the board, everyone who said they'd join for 20-30k at the start of the trial now want 80k or 180k or won't engage at all, and it's not clear why. Some say "things have changed." What's changed?

I stalled this long because, even though training has started for the new season, the game still hasn't switched over to the new season, so the bank balance and competition tables are all still the same for last season, so I was waiting for that update which still hasn't come yet in mid December...

Tried it again where I asked the agent for his thoughts and then IMMEDIATELY opened up negotiations and I'm still seeing WILDLY different results. What changed since we last talked? It's the same conversation!

This feature is completely unusable at present. Aren't players on trial supposed to accept slightly lower wages? This guy is straight up lying to my face within the same minute to go from 5-7k to 50k.

image.png.106f1967ce003b2e5b524bbad3aa4e67.png

image.thumb.png.1c4e3274226c68ed38a48c7ba810e86a.png

Edited by Weston

• SI Staff

Hi, we've had a look at your save and haven't been able to replicate the problem, as both players have requested amounts per week and wage that was asked in between the amounts from agent talks.

6 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi, we've had a look at your save and haven't been able to replicate the problem, as both players have requested amounts per week and wage that was asked in between the amounts from agent talks.

That's odd. This issue does seem very random, as sometimes it happens immediately and sometimes it happens a few weeks after the conversation with the agent.

It also seems connected to the other bugs I've raised where players will accept a trial but not a contract discussion, or the agent will give a price range but the player won't even open discussions at all, or a player in your country who is affordable will refuse to engage across the board because he thinks you can't afford to relocate him.

Are you not able to replicate any of it? Because it's all happening almost every single deal I ever try to do and it's making it nearly impossible to sign anyone at all.

51 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

Do you have another player or two we could use as an example? I'll ask the team to retest the new players.

If you go back to that early save where I have a ton of players on trial, the contracts their agents ask for are all wildly different from what they told me their demands were when they first arrived. I thought maybe something crazy changed in the few weeks they spent on trial (outside interest growing, etc.), which is why I tried it with a few players in the same day, and they had the same problem. If you can't get it to replicate try other players on trial at the time, and keep in mind I am attempting to negotiate with them all - some I'm offering less or more or different promises, so I can understand some fluctuation, but a vague 10x increase doesn't make any sense (I seem to recall Rolando going from like 7k to 70k the same day).

Yet another example of a player and agent telling me different things - 

Agent says he "would be interested in a loan move," but the player refuses to extend his loan. Why?

See save "VPS won iiiii."

image.png.59061a1d434365b218cf7782fe114a74.png

image.thumb.png.c17617b8efc901bf5d640db2af88d263.png

@Kyle Brown @Zachary Whyte Would either of you be able to tell me which is correct? Does he want to stay with me on loan or not? Because if the agent is correct, and he does, and the bug is him rejecting the offer, then I can just use the editor to bring him back on loan again.

Edited by Weston

Another example of a player who immediately accepts a trial offer (so he's interested), but the agent says he's not interested whatsoever (so he's not interested), but every response option references him being interested (so he is interested), and when I click one the agent is sad that I'm not interested (so he is interested), but when I offer a contract he rejects the discussion outright (so he's not interested).

image.thumb.png.892d4e144ccf160f97e53478e4ff6c25.png

image.thumb.png.dd4622701d6f1f47792781d25d75a4bb.png

image.thumb.png.0810fa568f9d0065c8c121c477dc2f97.png

It's ridiculous for a player to say that he's interested but not entertain discussions because he *thinks* that I can't afford him. If you're interested in someone but not sure they can afford you you hear them out to be sure. And of course, the wage at the bottom of the screen is within the range that I can pay my players, so he's not even correct in his assumption...

See save "vps feb ii."