• 0 wage players rejecting real contracts?

Weston
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Is this working as intended? These newgens making no money are consistently outright refusing to even discuss being signed by a bigger club that will put them on real wages. I don't understand why.

image.thumb.png.971e699f7026716fe597264c2e18a343.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

image.png.26ccc5c36683d638bdbe90e420564101.pngimage.png.d711f0f5af8bf61b67a1b47e50f82ee7.png

For example, this teenage free agent is currently refusing to even talk to me because he doesn't think my 200-300k in wage budget could satisfy him, yet he's negotiating with a non-league club that cannot and does not offer wages to any of their players? Does not make any sense at all.

Just used the editor to add 1 million to my bank just to see what would happen and these no-contract nobodies still won't even enter negotiations because they think I have no money, so something is definitely broken somewhere..... Please let me know how to work around this (short of just using the editor to move them to my club, which would cut out the chance they could naturally pick another club over mine).

This guy who said I didn't have the finances to impress him just went to a club in a lower league who gave him a wage of half of the minimum allowed in my league, so this is clearly a bug.

image.thumb.png.0c92b944a778557a72102caabf6a2029.png

8 hours ago, Weston said:

This guy who said I didn't have the finances to impress him just went to a club in a lower league who gave him a wage of half of the minimum allowed in my league, so this is clearly a bug.

image.thumb.png.0c92b944a778557a72102caabf6a2029.png

Hey, here's a forum thread from 2014 complaining about this exact problem, because it's been an issue for-****ing-ever (and there's someone in the thread, a prolific poster, saying it's at least five years old!).  Here's a complaint from last year.  And 201820212019!

I hope you can get this addressed, Weston.  It's been a problem for a really long time.

14 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Hey, here's a forum thread from 2014 complaining about this exact problem, because it's been an issue for-****ing-ever (and there's someone in the thread, a prolific poster, saying it's at least five years old!).  Here's a complaint from last year.  And 201820212019!

I hope you can get this addressed, Weston.  It's been a problem for a really long time.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy... I mean obviously there are reasons why a player might accept a lower wage (personal preference, playing time, league status, city, etc.), but for someone to say they specifically are basing their decision on money and then accept less to play for a worse club in a worse league, that can't be written off as a bid for more playing time, etc.

He said he wanted money and then chose not getting money. He said the money I had wasn't enough when it clearly was.

Marcelo just accepted a contract for only 35k after refusing to talk to me due to financial reasons, when I'm capable of paying more than this.

image.thumb.png.efa95b05075df744383a783b7140d1b6.png

• Administrators

Had the team investigate this, and they've provided a bit of feedback - please excuse the copy and paste!

The youth players do not see the user`s club as suitable to continue their development (i.e. switching from one second division Finnish team to another). This has nothing to do with finances and was introduced some FMs ago to make poaching youngsters harder (and more realistic). If one makes an offer with a club from a higher reputation league - the same youngsters will be interested.

Tony Miettinen specifically rejects the club because he does not want a part-time contract. Not one we can investigate further about what clubs he joins next as there are 60+ nations and 100+ leagues loaded and progressing isn't quick.

Marcelo has very low total interest of joining the team. It is still above the minimum interest to enter contract talks and that`s why the string shown is that "...the club lacks the financial muscle" - because you can overcome the low interest with a huge salary in theory, but the team can only offer 30K p/a. Joining a top division Norwegian club instead of the user`s second division Finnish team is not a bug. Accepting a 35K p/a at the top division Norwegian club is not a bug too as his interest is sufficient.

21 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

Had the team investigate this, and they've provided a bit of feedback - please excuse the copy and paste!

The youth players do not see the user`s club as suitable to continue their development (i.e. switching from one second division Finnish team to another). This has nothing to do with finances and was introduced some FMs ago to make poaching youngsters harder (and more realistic). If one makes an offer with a club from a higher reputation league - the same youngsters will be interested.

Hi Kyle,

I understand that answer as it applies to Henri Maleka, who is on youth terms with his current team.  But it shouldn't be 'poaching' to offer a contract to a player who isn't on one.  Neither Lundquist or Augustsson are on contracts; both are on the automatic month-to-month rollovers after their real contracts expire.  Signing those players isn't poaching, as they've failed to secure senior terms with their existing clubs.  I understand a player not wanting to move from one second-division club in a minor nation to another, but surely a real contract > no contract? 

4 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Had the team investigate this, and they've provided a bit of feedback

Thanks for getting back to me on this!

This does not make any sense, though.

For one thing, the players are saying that it is a financial issue, so if you're saying it's not a financial issue, then there is a bug in the feedback I'm getting. There already is a dialogue option referring to players wanting to continue their development at their current club that I see sometimes - why wouldn't it be getting used if that's the case?

Additionally, my club was leading the league and about to get promoted, while some of these other clubs in my league were fighting relegation. I know that league standing is taken into consideration - why wouldn't it be here?

And besides that, not all of the clubs were in my league at all. T'siang Chye Gonçalves is playing for a .5* club in a league ranked about 100 in Europe, but he won't enter discussions. Miettinen would accept an offer from a club in a lower division over mine, clearly demonstrating that reputation was not the intended hangup, etc.

Tony Miettinen specifically rejects the club because he does not want a part-time contract. Not one we can investigate further about what clubs he joins next as there are 60+ nations and 100+ leagues loaded and progressing isn't quick.

You say it's because he doesn't want a part-time contract, but the contract he accepted instead at a club below my league was also part-time or even amateur, I forget which.

Marcelo has very low total interest of joining the team. It is still above the minimum interest to enter contract talks and that`s why the string shown is that "...the club lacks the financial muscle" - because you can overcome the low interest with a huge salary in theory, but the team can only offer 30K p/a. Joining a top division Norwegian club instead of the user`s second division Finnish team is not a bug. Accepting a 35K p/a at the top division Norwegian club is not a bug too as his interest is sufficient.

This also makes no sense - if his interest is above the minimum threshold, then he should enter contract talks, but he won't.

I also can offer above 30k and did to the other players I signed instead of him. Like I mentioned, I would even test adding a million to my budgets and reopening negotiations, and this changed nothing, so clearly the trigger for shutting down talks is not interacting with my bank balance as it's supposed to be, if that's the case.

Not to mention - how would he know how much money I have? He wouldn't! And he shouldn't be guessing, his agent should take the offer and react accordingly.

3 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

I understand that answer as it applies to Henri Maleka, who is on youth terms with his current team.  But it shouldn't be 'poaching' to offer a contract to a player who isn't on one.  Neither Lundquist or Augustsson are on contracts; both are on the automatic month-to-month rollovers after their real contracts expire.  Signing those players isn't poaching, as they've failed to secure senior terms with their existing clubs.  I understand a player not wanting to move from one second-division club in a minor nation to another, but surely a real contract > no contract? 

I agree with this. It simply does not make sense for a player on a non-contract to outright reject an offer of a real contract. In reality, if they wanted to stay to further their development, they would use this leverage to get a proper deal from their current club.

Even if they wanted to stay to further their development, if the club accepts a transfer offer of 0 for them, this should impact their decision making - "gee, they don't even want me." Especially when I would love to offer to sign them and then loan them back to continue their development there anyway!

--

I still just don't understand how something that is so obviously broken across the board is not even being acknowledged as a bug. It's incredibly frustrating to play through. Yes, I want to be rejected when it's realistic. But it needs to make sense.

Not to mention all of the adjacent examples of these interactions being nonsensical, including players' agents saying they're interested but the player isn't, players accepting trials but refusing contract discussions, players refusing trials but accepting contract negotiations, players in my own country refusing negotiations because they don't want to relocate, etc...

Edited by Weston

I mean, I question the idea of every player and staff member's contract automatically going into month-to-month rollover mode.  And a lot of the inconsistencies and funky behaviors start with that.