• Jerky 3D

Crusho79bv
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

We had the same issue in FM20, FM21 and FM22

It was fixed for FM22 and now it`s back again, jerky 3D

No matter what setting i`m on, it`s the same result

I have a RTX 3060Ti that can take on high and ultra any game out there, ANY GAME but FM23.....

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Would it have any impact whatsoever, if you purchased the game through Epic as opposed to Steam? 

I’ve always used Steam but willing to try anything. 

On 05/01/2023 at 12:57, FM-Lee said:

Would it have any impact whatsoever, if you purchased the game through Epic as opposed to Steam? 

I’ve always used Steam but willing to try anything. 

No I’ve got it through Epic and I’ve got the same issue. It’s so frustrating. I’ve always avoided jumping on the bandwagon of criticism that inevitably follows any game release because when you step back, 9 times out of 10 SI deliver an awesome game that’s superb value for money. But for the first time possibly ever I cannot escape the feeling that this game is half baked. The lack of features, fine I can deal with that because last year’s game was good. But introducing an immersion breaking bug with a patch and then still not fixing it for 6 weeks is taking the mick a little. Whether real or imagined, SI need to acknowledge that there is a perceived complacency / sloppiness amongst a number of fans of the game that they need to get on top of ASAP.

Even on the Sortitoutsi forum he is starting to open topics and they are complaining that SI still does not react....SI you have broken our joy our happiness at not being able to play our favorite game since the last update and all the solutions you suggest don't work either !!!

Fed up frustrated so hurry up to give us reasonable sense answers and stop sending us back to your dxdiag and I don't know what else because nothing works and above all corrected it very quickly because it's been far too long than that lasts !!! And we just wanna play FM in peace @Neil Brock

ps: discussion link on the Sortitoutsi forum

https://sortitoutsi.net/content/61832/stuttering-match-engine

Edited by kad38

• Administrators

It's something we certainly have been made aware of and are taking steps to make changes for a future update.

However some instances of performance will be directly related to specific setups (albeit appreciate this is not the case for every single user), so we do recommend following the FAQ steps we've listed above in the meantime to see if performance can be improved. 

Thanks. 

10 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

It's something we certainly have been made aware of and are taking steps to make changes for a future update.

However some instances of performance will be directly related to specific setups (albeit appreciate this is not the case for every single user), so we do recommend following the FAQ steps we've listed above in the meantime to see if performance can be improved. 

Thanks. 

Ok if that’s the case... what setup , laptop, pc do you have? And il go buy it today? Fm the only game I play and fed up with it now.. was fine b4 update 

10 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Thanks. 

And done all FAQ million times

On 07/01/2023 at 00:51, Neil Brock said:

Thanks. 

?

Hej,

After spending a good amount of time to solve some issues from my side (laptop), I have finally found these steps extremely helpful and let me enjoy the 3D more. Still the short lag is there, but have reduced by a lot. Hope soon SI release a minor patch for this and then we can fly. So:

My specs

CPU: i7 8550U (U is not the best version of CPU for FM, but it is what it is now for me).
    GPU: NVIDIA MX150 (extremely weak GPU overall).
    NVIDIA GPU Version: 528.02

I found Windows is doing a terrible job regarding updates of GPU. So, in that case; I am always update GPU like this.

Also, deleting the files (it is safe to be deleted) from:

- %temp%
    - temp (right click on Win logo > Run)
    - prefetch (right click on Win logo > Run)
    - C: > Windows > SoftwareDistribution > Download
    - Run Disk Cleanup > Cleanup System Files (select all boxes)

It's general a good idea to give some breath.

Now, if you successfully did this, let's go to NVIDIA Control Panel Settings and FM Preferences.

NVIDIA Settings

1.png.928b7a6f4743580bf13ccd7e681550ab.png

2.png.edd8245ace7218f214f5100b1e8a498a.png

3.png.6db7f3af5e8ecdc92cdedf7d1f58c871.png

====

FM Preferences (Match)

4.png.6ee56a52190418573d74af6d464f5f24.png

====

In general is good to have your laptop plug in (AC) and not run with battery.
    Also, closing background apps (also via Task Manager > Startup) helps RAM (and CPU) to breathe.
    Another tweak is the Power Plan, choose High Performance (or Ultimate Performance if you have enable it).
    I have removed the command line in Steam as well, because didn't make any difference to my side (I am referring to --disable_flip_discard). 

That's all. Now I can play with Crowd in night games without lag (only the known issue lag from SI).

Hope someone will be helpful by this.

fc.cadoni

Edited by fc.cadoni

Look, just confirm for us what we already know; said "future update" will be in February or March.

In other words, we've got your money so you've got no choice but to wait.

I repeat, this debacle is ridiculous. I'm done with this game next year and I figure that once that habit is broken it may stay that way for a long time.

1 hour ago, LaytonBhoy said:

Look, just confirm for us what we already know; said "future update" will be in February or March.

In other words, we've got your money so you've got no choice but to wait.

I repeat, this debacle is ridiculous. I'm done with this game next year and I figure that once that habit is broken it may stay that way for a long time.

Completely agree... when is this update it’s a absolute joke this now! I want a refund? Or tell us what system,setup,what works what doesn’t? Before this horrific patch all was good so no it ain’t my laptop.. I want answers now??

Edited by Lpool1

1 hour ago, GOODNAME said:

After the lasted driver update to Nvidia - i have no lags and the CPU usage is fixed also 

What card you got?

I agree if think we have valid grounds to request a refund 3 months into the game cycle and still not fixed

All other games fine but FM still has these issues 

We need a patch as the main priority forget anything else this has been a issue from day 1 surely everyone needs to work on this as its ruining the game

2 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

Super 1650 GTX

I’ve got 1650 gtx max q... only run on low graphics settings even though could do medium easily.. which was what was running till the patch and was like butter smooth... if can mate what Nvidia control panel settings you using? And you laptop or pc? Also I download graphics driver directly from Nvidia site install that way cause windows stores old files.. for laptop it is notebook version game ready driver?

Il y a 4 heures, GOODNAME a dit :

After the lasted driver update to Nvidia - i have no lags and the CPU usage is fixed also 

yes but you play in graphics very high, high, medium ? And scaling to 200% ?

I paid more than I could afford for a 2021 M1 Max 32GB MacBook Pro, I was assured it would run FM with absolute ease. People joked that I could probably run every league and nation, and yet the match engine is so poor it puts me off playing. 

I paid £51 for the game and editor for me to not even want to play it. 

I’ve had similar issues over the past few versions of FM, I assumed my Dell XPS 2 in 1 perhaps didn’t have a graphics card powerful enough, so I upgraded to the MP and I’m still having issues. The common denominator here is FM. 

The game I play more than any other and I no longer want to play it. 

I'm also using the aboard patch (that turns it to black)

And those settings 

In Nvidia control panel :

Low Latency Mode - off
    Threaded Optimization - On
    Triple Buffering - Off
    Vertical Sync - Off
    Power Management Mode - Prefer Maximum Performance

Lunch options :

image.png.329890ba79997fda84efdcfe901abd77.png

There is so much stuff online about issues with lag and problems over many many years. The amount of complaints is huge so its been compilled and sent to them. I have a high end laptops over many years and every year there is huge lag so I have complained to trading standards and others I know have also done the same this time. I have a brand new i7 11800h with rtx 3060 and it lags horrendously even on fm 2022. The way things get solved is if people make a stand. 

This is now closed for further comments