• Jerky 3D

Crusho79bv
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

We had the same issue in FM20, FM21 and FM22

It was fixed for FM22 and now it`s back again, jerky 3D

No matter what setting i`m on, it`s the same result

I have a RTX 3060Ti that can take on high and ultra any game out there, ANY GAME but FM23.....

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've been playing around with various things trying to smooth out the ME. I've had the most success by turning crowds off - that makes a massive difference. The only down side is when you turn the crowds off the seats disappear as well, turning every stadium into a giant grey bowl. Anyone know why this is and how to fix it? I can absolutely live without the people but I'd like the seats back!!

On 05/12/2022 at 20:41, Neil Brock said:

Hi everyone - appreciative some people are seeing issues following the update - we did include some fixes which we'd hoped would improve things, but appreciative it isn't the case for everyone. 

For those who are experiencing issues, we'd recommend trying the launch option from within the article here to see if that helps - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/11164849702417

If that doesn't help, there's a link to a secondary article with more troubleshooting advice.

If after that you're still seeing issues, please post your DxDiag for review as shown here - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997195057553

However please only do so after trying everything listed above first. Thanks. 

Although I tried everything, the game continues to crash... Please help!

DxDiag.txt

• Administrators
    1 hour ago, Gozzer said:

Although I tried everything, the game continues to crash... Please help!

DxDiag.txt

If it's crashing then it'll be a different issue entirely, so worth checking the tech FAQ here for troubleshooting suggestions - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/sections/9807315748881-Technical-Issues

If you're unable to resolve it yourself, please contact our support team for further assistance here - https://fmofficial.support/Ticket

Thanks. 

Lol these guys do not know how to fix this. 

The issues with the match engine have, for some of us, been a persistent pain in the backside for years.

There is no way I'm buying this game next year if they don't find a fix for it in this iteration. It's just pissing money away.

I would take a refund for this version if I could get one, and I'd pass on this year entirely at this point.

• Administrators

Part of the problem here is the fact across so many different setups and systems people are seeing completely different things. We've got a player in this thread saying FM22 was fine, but now FM23 has issues, whilst another saying they've had issues across versions for years. Then you have players who haven't had any issues across versions at all.

Every element of what is displayed in match adds extra resource requirements. You can say 'well it's digital ad boards', but much like if you take away crowds/stadiums/players, of course that's going to lower the demands on performance. Saying that, it is something we are of course investigating.

We've profiled our internal systems directly between FM22 and FM23 and results are extremely similar, so would be very interested to see DxDiag's from anyone who is having issues on FM23 where FM22 still runs fine on the same system.

We are very much aware something we added to make rendering be more efficient in the last update and help performance across the board has had an adverse knock-on for some setups, hence why we have this in our FAQ as a way to reverse what was added - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/11164849702417 So if FM22 runs fine and FM23 runs with issues, we'd suggest doing that as a first step. 

Thanks. 

34 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Part of the problem here is the fact across so many different setups and systems people are seeing completely different things. We've got a player in this thread saying FM22 was fine, but now FM23 has issues, whilst another saying they've had issues across versions for years. Then you have players who haven't had any issues across versions at all.

Every element of what is displayed in match adds extra resource requirements. You can say 'well it's digital ad boards', but much like if you take away crowds/stadiums/players, of course that's going to lower the demands on performance. Saying that, it is something we are of course investigating.

We've profiled our internal systems directly between FM22 and FM23 and results are extremely similar, so would be very interested to see DxDiag's from anyone who is having issues on FM23 where FM22 still runs fine on the same system.

We are very much aware something we added to make rendering be more efficient in the last update and help performance across the board has had an adverse knock-on for some setups, hence why we have this in our FAQ as a way to reverse what was added - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/11164849702417 So if FM22 runs fine and FM23 runs with issues, we'd suggest doing that as a first step. 

Thanks. 

Here is my dxdiag

DxDiag.txt

• Administrators
    1 minute ago, Matty89 said:

Here is my dxdiag

DxDiag.txt

And to be clear, your FM23 issue isn't fixed by doing as shown below?

- Go into Steam and right-click on the game
    - Select 'Properties'
    - Click 'Set Launch Options...'
    - Copy the following into the dialogue box: --disable_flip_discard
    - Close the panel by clicking the 'x' button and launch the game

3 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

- Select 'Properties'

yes not fixed

40 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

- Select 'Properties'

I managed to fixed mine but i did a lot of work for it, by the way FM 22 was 100 % smooth.

What i did :

--disable_flip_discard

- Turned aboard black with aboard patch from 22

- Nvidia control panel : Threaded Optimization - On
    Triple Buffering - Off
    Vertical Sync - Off
    Power Management Mode - Prefer Maximum Performance

But still i get some flickering of the image in the 3D but its like 4-5 times in the whole match. 

• Administrators
    1 hour ago, GOODNAME said:

I managed to fixed mine but i did a lot of work for it, by the way FM 22 was 100 % smooth.

What i did :

--disable_flip_discard

Triple Buffering - Off
    Vertical Sync - Off

But still i get some flickering of the image in the 3D but its like 4-5 times in the whole match. 

Would be interested if possible to see any video footage of the flicking that you're encountering now - and potentially even the footage from before if you revert back what you've changed just so we can get an idea of how severe it's been for you.

Details on how to provide a video here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/recording-a-video-and-uploading-instructions-r12305/

3 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

What i did :

--disable_flip_discard

Triple Buffering - Off
    Vertical Sync - Off

Same for me, just I use AMD gpu. But first two steps almost made glitch disappear completly. Like he said sometimes it's happens on big stadiums with digital ads, no small, where there is no digital boards, no glitching at all. For me also, FM22 worked completely smooth. 

To everyone with a monitor with higher than 60hz, turning the refresh rate to 60hz and setting the max frame rate to 60 in the match preferences helped for me (still not 100% smooth but definitely a lot better)

Come on that's a joke. We're supposed to deliberately downgrade our own systems to get one game to work?

Look, I play a lot of complex games which tax the system; the Total War titles. Cities: Skylines. Heart Of Iron IV. 

Complex games with a lot happening onscreen at any one time.

Why then is it that I have CONSTANT issues with FM year after year after year after year? 

I think I had it very similar in previous editions too and it usually resulted in my return to watching matches in 2D view. I have MSI laptop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and every game including FIFA or GTA worked perfectly on it.

But the Football Manager was always jerky and full of lags. Reading threads here I tried two things that worked in the end.

Option number 1: I changed the crowd quality in game preferences to "Off" - the game was immediately different and smooth. The negative thing are blank stands.

Option number 2: I renamed the 'simatchviever_uncompressed' to 'simatchviever_uncompressed-orginal' (you can delete it or rename it to whatever you want) and restarted the game. The adboards are now black, all of them, but the game is smooth even with the High Quality settings. The adboards are absolutely not important for me so I have no issue having them black when I consider the fact my FM is smooth for the first time in years.

Screenshot_1.png.eefff5897564d9e4345bdfc576405d46.pngimage.png.b4d7907b1d7241aed5f91540e3421940.png

Edited by keysi
    uploaded the video to YouTube instead of here.

I have a 32GB M1 Max MacBook Pro. Towards the end of FM22 I was having some issues with the smoothness of the match engine, particularly after updating to Ventura. The only fix was to play in Windowed Mode, it was noticeably smoother then. 

I downloaded the demo of 23 and it ran fine in standard mode, so I bought the game and it was running fine, until it randomly went back to being choppy and stuttering for no apparent reason. Yet again, the problem improves in Windowed Mode, however, that’s not how I like to play the game. 

I’ve tested it on the highest graphics and the lowest graphics and its the same for both. 

Can anyone help as the Mac was very expensive and FM is my favourite game, and to be put off playing it is a massive shame. 

I’ve taken overlay off and put the command in, it improved slightly but will then get incredibly choppy, calm down, then get choppy again during matches  

Thanks. 

7 hours ago, alian62 said:

How long is this issue going to be under review? 

Don’t think they ever will mate... this one though been worse I’ve ever come across since playing fm ( talking 20 years) definitely last straw for me will not be buying another till I no 110 percent they sort there act out

At this point, I feel buying the game is a lottery. 

Some years you're going to get it to work and others you aren't and during a cost of living squeeze I can think of better things to do with quite a big chunk of change than to gamble on something that might not work.

This isn't something that's going to get fixed. So FM 2023 is a bust, and if it's a bust that makes it very difficult for me to envision any scenario where I buy 2024. I feel at this point that all I'm doing is buying out of habit anyway, for what amounts to a data update; the game itself isn't exactly advancing in any way that feels significant, and that alone would give me pause.

It's the reason I've stopped buying other games which come out every single year.

To call this a disappointment is a vast understatement. I am not just a regular customer; I am a fanatical player, having racked up thousands of hours, literally, on each iteration of this game. This year, at this point, I'm on 93 and a lot of them have been spent tweaking settings and trying to find work arounds for this problem.

Frankly, I have better things to do with my time than persevere with this nonsense.

93 hours is a number which I'd usually have gotten through in a couple of weeks of evening games and the odd match during the day when I'm working.

I'm a football blogger, which means the game would be running in the background most every day whilst I worked. I base a lot of my work on insights gained talking to other players about tactics and strategies and I have read a lot of books based on those subjects both to understand them better and make me a better player in the game itself.

So when I say that I get a lot of out of each edition I mean it ... but it's starting to grate on me because this year's just doesn't work and it's the continuation of a problem I've had, and reported on here, year on year on year.  The difference is, most years someone will come up with a fix that does work for me and lets me play the game. 

This year, absolutely not, and it's horrendous and it's the last straw. 

This is the message I’ve just sent them, I hope they take this issue as seriously as we do. 

I have had this Mac since April, Football Manager tan absolutely perfectly on it for months, until I started noticing very slight jittering and lag during matches. I checked to see if there was an update, there was for the MacOS, so I updated to Ventura and it was much worse, the only solution I could find was the match engine was much smoother in Windowed Mode for some reason, however, that's not how I like to play the game. 

I downloaded the FM23 demo to see if there was an improvement, there was, so I purchased the full game and it played fine, until a little while later I noticed the slight lag coming back. After some feedback from a Sports Interactive member on the forum I took the overlay off in Steam and put in the commands suggested and it improved, but about 2/3 into the matches, it really starts lagging terribly and slows down completely, then improves, then does the same again. 

I've been a loyal customer since FM08 and have loved this game. One of the main reasons I paid such a large price for this MacBook Pro was because I asked many users and they ensured FM would run flawlessly on such a powerful machine, yet I'm having worse performance than I did with older FMs on a very modest laptop that I had at the time. 

Please could you fix this issue as it's affecting my enjoyment massively and putting me off future games if this isn't going to be corrected. 

Thanks

This is now closed for further comments