• Jerky 3D

Crusho79bv
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

We had the same issue in FM20, FM21 and FM22

It was fixed for FM22 and now it`s back again, jerky 3D

No matter what setting i`m on, it`s the same result

I have a RTX 3060Ti that can take on high and ultra any game out there, ANY GAME but FM23.....

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

35 minutes ago, raso93lfc said:

I must mention lag becomes more visible when you put ,,match speed during highlights,, on faster speed.

I've noticed that too, when it's on slow it's not that noticeable but I hate the gameplay being on slow

20 minutes ago, HOTBULLETOWEN said:

I've noticed that too, when it's on slow it's not that noticeable but I hate the gameplay being on slow

Same... I took Inverness from Scotland 2nd division, every team in Championship got static ads and not digital, so it's fine while you are in 2nd div. In Premiership only Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen got digital ads... So that's one way to bypass the problem, take some smaller team while they fix it lol... Looks like i will quali for Europa league, then, it will be harder because of this glitch.

They only need to change resolution of ads, couple of pages back when some user changed ads from HD to SD, game worked fine. Sadly, on new patch, that fix doesn't help.

2 hours ago, raso93lfc said:

Same... I took Inverness from Scotland 2nd division, every team in Championship got static ads and not digital, so it's fine while you are in 2nd div. In Premiership only Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen got digital ads... So that's one way to bypass the problem, take some smaller team while they fix it lol... Looks like i will quali for Europa league, then, it will be harder because of this glitch.

They only need to change resolution of ads, couple of pages back when some user changed ads from HD to SD, game worked fine. Sadly, on new patch, that fix doesn't help.

I remember back in 2018 FM. When the first complaints was coming about the match engine lagging. They tried to sort it out and released a beta hotfix which we had to be invited to they thought it was the crowds causing the lag. That beta hotfix did not work and they have never tried to fix it since. 

I don't understand how 5 years later, this issue still priests? 

Was unsure of posting this but figured it should be said, as this has worked for me.

Search Google for the ad boards patch for FM22 (Might be found on a non uk site as efforts have been made to stop this). Follow the installation instructions but DO NOT install the files that go in the game/data folder.

You will get blacked out adboards. You will not have anymore lag due to adboards.

Sorry SI. I understand you do not want to hear this, but for those of us who suffer awful lag due to the adboards - needs must.

Of course SI, if you could work out why some of us experience terrible lag when video adboards are used, that would be ideal.

I have tried everything to stop the lag on 2d (I only play 2d anyway so unsure of what’s happening in 3d). Lowered graphics settings (you can put them back up to your system recommended btw after installing this patch), removed crowd, tweaked every NVidia setting going. Only thing that helped (me) was this adboard patch.

Hope it works for others.

Think it's worth emphasising how much effort SI have put into forcing users to see ads in the ME. You used to be able to avoid them by playing in 2D, SI stopped that. You used to be able to turn them off by lowering your graphic settings, SI stopped that. You used to be able to disable them by deleting the ads.fmf file, SI stopped that. You used to be able to download ad board patches, SI contacted sortioutsi and others and ordered them to remove the files.

SI are deliberately worsening the user experience so that they can earn money from ad revenue, off the back of paying customers. It's unacceptable .

1 hour ago, Tyburn said:

Was unsure of posting this but figured it should be said, as this has worked for me.

Search Google for the ad boards patch for FM22 (Might be found on a non uk site as efforts have been made to stop this). Follow the installation instructions but DO NOT install the files that go in the game/data folder.

You will get blacked out adboards. You will not have anymore lag due to adboards.

Sorry SI. I understand you do not want to hear this, but for those of us who suffer awful lag due to the adboards - needs must.

Of course SI, if you could work out why some of us experience terrible lag when video adboards are used, that would be ideal.

I have tried everything to stop the lag on 2d (I only play 2d anyway so unsure of what’s happening in 3d). Lowered graphics settings (you can put them back up to your system recommended btw after installing this patch), removed crowd, tweaked every NVidia setting going. Only thing that helped (me) was this adboard patch.

Works for me so far, thanks man, will test more.

1 hour ago, Tyburn said:

I'm confused 

Can you tell me what exactly to do? 

And also - you need to delete any files from the original ads in the data folder? 

Edited by GOODNAME

1 minute ago, GOODNAME said:

I'm confused 

Can you tell me what exactly to do? 

I can’t make it clearer without violating certain restrictions. 

Do a Google search and get the FM22 file. Install everything apart from the file(s) that need to go in your data folder. The download has full instructions.

22 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

I can’t make it clearer without violating certain restrictions. 

Do a Google search and get the FM22 file. Install everything apart from the file(s) that need to go in your data folder. The download has full instructions.

Worked for me as well

Thanks a lot bro

Finally no lags

5 hours ago, Tyburn said:

Curious.   Would taking the simatchviewer from FM22 and putting it in FM23 work ? 

Linux user (so SI probably doesn't care too much about my issue, since it's not a supported OS), but gameplay on FM22 is smooth and FM23 was completely smooth until the most recent patch. I've tried the fixes listed here, including making all the signage black/red, but the 2D and 3D gameplay is still stuttering. For some reason is does become smooth whenever I open settings window for camera type, game speed, etc., not sure why that's the case.

15 hours ago, Tyburn said:

Hi. Are you able to provide us with the link, struggling to find this any where?

If you put the fm.xml file I've put on this post in the folder shown it SHOULD work as I've turned all the digital ads from "true" to "false" in it. Seems to do the job for me. Let us all know if you have any luck getting it to work, and if when the ads are off the experience is smoother.

straightin.png

fm.xml

On 15/11/2022 at 17:11, heygra said:

I have the same problem, I seem to have solved it.

In file - simatchviewer_uncompressed.fmf two folders, hd and sd, hd folder delete and copy sd folder with name hd.

I uploaded a file, try replacing https://disk.yandex.ru/d/iDqPORjCupNmmw

Change file in - Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2023\data

The file is no longer available for download! @heygra

Il y a 6 heures, LaytonBhoy a dit :

If you put the fm.xml file I've put on this post in the folder shown it SHOULD work as I've turned all the digital ads from "true" to "false" in it. Seems to do the job for me. Let us all know if you have any luck getting it to work, and if when the ads are off the experience is smoother.

straightin.png

fm.xml

how to disable ads ??

21 hours ago, LaytonBhoy said:

straightin.png

fm.xml

I have followed your steps, my ad-boards are still normal. 

On 15/12/2022 at 20:11, Tyburn said:

This fixed my lag 100%. It makes the adboards black but obviously shows that the lag issue is down to the ad boards! About time It got fixed now it's been 5 years for me 😅

12 minutes ago, dansh1989 said:

This fixed my lag 100%. It makes the adboards black but obviously shows that the lag issue is down to the ad boards! About time It got fixed now it's been 5 years for me 😅

Do you have a download link?

It's good that the community comes together to find solutions to these issues. 

Hopefully now the company can give us a proper fix. 

It does feel a wee bit like a sticking plaster effort from us.

42 minutes ago, LaytonBhoy said:

It's good that the community comes together to find solutions to these issues. 

Hopefully now the company can give us a proper fix. 

It does feel a wee bit like a sticking plaster effort from us.

Do you have any idea why my ad boards won't turn black/red?

This is now closed for further comments