• Jerky 3D

Crusho79bv
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

We had the same issue in FM20, FM21 and FM22

It was fixed for FM22 and now it`s back again, jerky 3D

No matter what setting i`m on, it`s the same result

I have a RTX 3060Ti that can take on high and ultra any game out there, ANY GAME but FM23.....

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Smaller stadiums have no lag really smooth. Larger stadiums with ad boards or night games it's unplayable. Iv had lag issues since FM18! Iv played football manager since day one but I'm afraid this might be the last I buy 🤦‍♂️so frustrating 

2 hours ago, dansh1989 said:

Smaller stadiums have no lag really smooth. Larger stadiums with ad boards or night games it's unplayable. Iv had lag issues since FM18! Iv played football manager since day one but I'm afraid this might be the last I buy 🤦‍♂️so frustrating 

Defintley mate last one i buy same every year its a joke big time... never known a game to have so many problems every year... an they rave about manager timeline pointless, scouting system is better but thats it... the bread and butter of the game though match engine is broke well done si... worste fm ever this one by far ....

14 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

We made some changes which was due to improve performance for some users and it's had a knock on - which is always a possibility given the almost infinite possibilities of system configurations. You'll find if you follow the instructions I've linked to above you can easily revert that change via the launch option and revert back to how it was before the update. 

Seems like in the effort to improve the performance for some users you have created a worse performance for many others . Why cant we just roll back to the original ?

Same every year unfortunately, someone outside of SI will eventually find a fix, usually a couple of months after release. I have had it every year even with different graphics cards, last years fix wont work this year is kinda how it goes. 1st year since the 1st champ manager came out I didn’t buy the game, demo is all laggy so not going to bother. 

Edited by huesey1974

Are we ANYWHERE down the line with this SI? 

I have tried every suggestion on here; most of them make it worse. This game is an unplayable mess right now because of this. An unplayable mess. That's no exaggeration.

I've enclosed my DXDiag. 

And by the way, the answer to the obvious question is yes. I've tried the proposed fixes. All of them. Nothing works. Nothing at all. So I am totally at a loss to work this out.

DxDiag.txt

On 06/12/2022 at 18:41, dansh1989 said:

Yes. I agree, with this too! I have noticed this as well. Small stadiums = no lag. Larger stadiums = lag. 

Does the company read these? Does the company care at this point? 

Even if they figure this out, are we getting a hotfix? No, it'll be folded into the January window patch, which means we'll be lucky, guys, to be playing this game come February. 

I've had it. This is the last time I'm buying it, and I've bought every edition. At a time when everything costs more there are better uses for my money than a buggy disaster which isn't going to be fixed. If I could get a refund I'd take one.

27 minutes ago, LaytonBhoy said:

Does the company read these? Does the company care at this point? 

Even if they figure this out, are we getting a hotfix? No, it'll be folded into the January window patch, which means we'll be lucky, guys, to be playing this game come February. 

I've had it. This is the last time I'm buying it, and I've bought every edition. At a time when everything costs more there are better uses for my money than a buggy disaster which isn't going to be fixed. If I could get a refund I'd take one.

Yes I agree. I have been raising this match engine lag since 2018!! with still NO fix or we fix it then SI make a mess of it again and ruin our fix like they done with this patch.

I don't understand and it baffles me of how their in house game testing computers HAVE NOT replicated the lag we are all experiencing. 

I have been raising this issue for nearly 5 years.

• SI Staff

We do appreciate its going to be a source of tremendous frustration for those who are still experiencing issues. If the fixes we've offered so far aren't resolving this then its much more likely we're looking at a different cause of the same, or a very similar, issue. For those who haven't done so yet, sharing your dxdiag will help with the ongoing investigation. 

1 hour ago, Michael Sant said:

We do appreciate its going to be a source of tremendous frustration for those who are still experiencing issues. If the fixes we've offered so far aren't resolving this then its much more likely we're looking at a different cause of the same, or a very similar, issue. For those who haven't done so yet, sharing your dxdiag will help with the ongoing investigation. 

We all can agree that problem is with digital ads in 3d match. (There is no lag on small stadiums when there are static, non digital ads.) We literally find where is the problem... I have no problem with static non digital ads at big stadiums like Camp Nou as far as it doesn't lag. Can you at least help us how to remove digital ads while you fix it or something like that?

52 minutes ago, raso93lfc said:

We all can agree that problem is with digital ads in 3d match. (There is no lag on small stadiums when there are static, non digital ads.) We literally find where is the problem... I have no problem with static non digital ads at big stadiums like Camp Nou as far as it doesn't lag. Can you at least help us how to remove digital ads while you fix it or something like that?

Just to confirm everyone is getting the same thing its like a vibration look and then sometimes even in the same game & on 2D its smooth again randomly

12 hours ago, raso93lfc said:

I have also noticed this seems to be the issue too with digital advertising boards. 

Yes, clearly the problem is with the digital ad boards. Please how to disable them? It's impossible to play this way. Absurd stutter in the 3D game, even at the lowest resolutions.

On 13/12/2022 at 12:24, HOTBULLETOWEN said:

Yes I agree. I have been raising this match engine lag since 2018!! with still NO fix or we fix it then SI make a mess of it again and ruin our fix like they done with this patch.

I don't understand and it baffles me of how their in house game testing computers HAVE NOT replicated the lag we are all experiencing. 

I have been raising this issue for nearly 5 years.

Same for me mate, i find it very strange this was not replicated in house. Same every year, loads of guys with the issue yet SI have no idea.

22 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

Any way to temporarily remove the digital ads boards in match engine while we wait for your fix. As we are certain, that's what is causing the issue. As there is NO lag when playing in smaller stadiums with no digital advertising boards.  

Okay, rather than being a nightmare with negative comments I'm going to contribute some facts.

Fact 1: I can confirm that when the camera zooms out or zooms in that there is a momentary judder. For me this has been present in every iteration of the match engine that I can remember. If it's fixable they've not found an answer to it.

Fact 2: When info screens come up there is a slow down. I bet I'm not the only one who has seen this. That needs fixed because there are a lot of screens on the 3D match engine and it is pretty annoying.

Fact 3: I am going to confirm that my issue DEFINITELY relates to the 3D adboards. I imported over an old xml file from a prior fan-made adboard collection and put it in my data folder where it would be read at the start of a game. Except that there are no video folders for it to point to. As a result, it has disabled the 3D ads in the games.

And aside from those other frame-rate drops - which are momentary and annoying but not ruinous - the game is smooth.

Fixing the 3D adboard issue will resolve 95% of the problem people are having. 

I'd like 1 and 2 fixed as well but the game is at least playable without the adboard although the others are really annoying and I actually think 2 could be related to 3 with a little too much going on onscreen. (That might actually be related to 1 as well when I think about it.)

Fix the adboards issue tho and most of us will be happy. That is DEFINITELY why a lot of us are experiencing issues. The guys who have already commented on it are on the money. 

8 minutes ago, LaytonBhoy said:

Okay, rather than being a nightmare with negative comments I'm going to contribute some facts.

Fact 1: I can confirm that when the camera zooms out or zooms in that there is a momentary judder. For me this has been present in every iteration of the match engine that I can remember. If it's fixable they've not found an answer to it.

Fact 2: When info screens come up there is a slow down. I bet I'm not the only one who has seen this. That needs fixed because there are a lot of screens on the 3D match engine and it is pretty annoying.

Fact 3: I am going to confirm that my issue DEFINITELY relates to the 3D adboards. I imported over an old xml file from a prior fan-made adboard collection and put it in my data folder where it would be read at the start of a game. Except that there are no video folders for it to point to. As a result, it has disabled the 3D ads in the games.

And aside from those other frame-rate drops - which are momentary and annoying but not ruinous - the game is smooth.

Fixing the 3D adboard issue will resolve 95% of the problem people are having. 

I'd like 1 and 2 fixed as well but the game is at least playable without the adboard although the others are really annoying and I actually think 2 could be related to 3 with a little too much going on onscreen. (That might actually be related to 1 as well when I think about it.)

Fix the adboards issue tho and most of us will be happy. That is DEFINITELY why a lot of us are experiencing issues. The guys who have already commented on it are on the money. 

You got that file mate? We’re you put it in the files for game?

Create a folder called ads in your My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2013 folder.

It just goes straight into that, as shown in the screengrab.

Don't clear cache or anything, I dunno what will happen when I finally do that haha. But the XML file points to a bunch of non-existent boards so it should not load any of the current ones. You'll get black boards or red ones. But nothing live. If you get it let me know what happens when you play a few games with it. 

straightin.png

fm.xml

Yeah even with a cleared cache that works fine. No digital adboards and the game is running just fine.

Guys from SI, if you figure out how to stop the adboards slowing down the game you'll have cracked 95% of the problem, and that will make the game playable for nearly everyone experiencing these issues.

Right, something bad - but also good - just happened. 

My bloody adboards loaded up. I played a league game and they were back.

And lo and behold ... the game slowed to a crawl again. 

100% - absolutely unequivocally - the adboards are the problem here.

I've thought of a fix that will definitely work until SI sorts this mess out, and I'll post on it in the morning. But it's gonna involve removing the digital adboards from the main data folder in Steam entirely, and that's what I'm going to do. No choice.

7 hours ago, LaytonBhoy said:

Right, something bad - but also good - just happened. 

My bloody adboards loaded up. I played a league game and they were back.

And lo and behold ... the game slowed to a crawl again. 

100% - absolutely unequivocally - the adboards are the problem here.

I've thought of a fix that will definitely work until SI sorts this mess out, and I'll post on it in the morning. But it's gonna involve removing the digital adboards from the main data folder in Steam entirely, and that's what I'm going to do. No choice.

I’ve done that mate didn’t work for me.. removed the simviewer uncompressed file still stuttering... I’ve give up on it .. this version of fm is the worst ever played not just for the stuttering and having play in 2d joke got a good rig the lot and was fine b4 update smooth so something they did in update that caused the stuttering... but the actual gameplay and actions from players is ridiculous.. and also nothing to do with me being poor at the game cause finished 2nd with Leeds 2 seasons on bounce and two fa cups, carabao cup, saying that b4 someone comments that’s the case..

si have ruined it for me and will not be on my Xmas list next year... they need take a look at other forums too cause they have lost a lot of customers and hardcore fans like myself 

This is now closed for further comments