• League sorting is wrong

Weston
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Or am I missing something? I have a better head-to-head record v Trabzonspor, tied Fatih in our one meeting thus far, and have a better GD than both. Why am I 2/3 instead of 1/3 in this 3-way tie?

image.thumb.png.5ae0b77010541900f3dd39902af5b3f6.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

When there is a three way tie, the ordering is done based on a league table involving the matches between only the tied teams.

It's likely that Trabzonspor has played both matches against Fatih Karagumruk and have more points in matches between the three tied clubs.

5 hours ago, perpetua said:

When there is a three way tie, the ordering is done based on a league table involving the matches between only the tied teams.

It's likely that Trabzonspor has played both matches against Fatih Karagumruk and have more points in matches between the three tied clubs.

Unless Turkey is unique, as far as I'm aware, GD is used during the season until all games between the tied clubs have been played anyway, ie if only one fixture has taken place, they don't use an incomplete head-to-head record yet. In this case, both Trab and Gala are better than Fatih, and Gala is better than Trab, no? This is certainly how it's done in Serie A, which has the same tiebreaker criteria order, though it's possible the intricacies are slightly different in situations like this, I'm not 100% sure.

Just checked in Italy and weird things are happening there as well - why was there a playoff for 17th place when they don't have the same GD?

image.thumb.png.aa8830f1f381071a2567dd3a3f80e5d9.png

image.thumb.png.2e04977d50843ad38736478300465127.pngimage.png.cf5e4ef3cc888ae71bbd784aac13d2d3.png

6 hours ago, Weston said:

Unless Turkey is unique, as far as I'm aware, GD is used during the season until all games between the tied clubs have been played anyway, ie if only one fixture has taken place, they don't use an incomplete head-to-head record yet. In this case, both Trab and Gala are better than Fatih, and Gala is better than Trab, no? This is certainly how it's done in Serie A, which has the same tiebreaker criteria order, though it's possible the intricacies are slightly different in situations like this, I'm not 100% sure.

Yes, we do use goal difference until the end of the season as well.

2 hours ago, perpetua said:

Yes, we do use goal difference until the end of the season as well.

So then in the example I first noted I should be in first out of the three teams, so it's definitely a bug.