• Foreign status if second nationality is Turkish?

Dang85
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Dears,

I transferred Suat Serdar to Fenerbahce, he is considered as foreign while having TR second nationality. Is this intended?

image.png.96bde7704c57fe353463fc41384b94e3.png

Thanks!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I am not an admin or sth. But yeah it is intented. Your scouting report also mentions this. New TFF rules apply this. Yusuf Demir is also another example.

Nope, Yusuf Demir has a different situation. Austria forbids dual nationality, so Yusuf is %100 Austrian. 

Suat has Turkish nationality though, same as Mesut Özil. 

There was some detailed changes in the new TFF regulations. Before the change date, any player who played for their second nation were to be considered as Turkish player. After the change, if they play for their second nation they would be considered as foreign players. It was something like this. So i think Suat played for Germany after these regulations were passed, and Mesut played before these changes. Therefore Suat is considered as a foreigner.

And i think you are wrong about Yusuf. There is a player in Gaziantep FK, Onurhan Babuşçu, he is also Austrian and considered Turkish. Is it because he didnt play for national team yet i dont know.

Any player with Turkish nationality, who has debuted for another nation after June 15, 2015 counts as a foreign player based on the current rules in the Turkish league.

On 24/10/2022 at 08:10, perpetua said:

Any player with Turkish nationality, who has debuted for another nation after June 15, 2015 counts as a foreign player based on the current rules in the Turkish league.

I just signed an uncapped dual-national for Galatasaray. If he becomes cap-tied for his non-Turkish country midseason, what happens - does he remain not foreign because he was not foreign when I registered him, does he become foreign at the next registration window, or does he become foreign instantly and throw my squad balance completely off midseason?

21 minutes ago, Weston said:

I just signed an uncapped dual-national for Galatasaray. If he becomes cap-tied for his non-Turkish country midseason, what happens - does he remain not foreign because he was not foreign when I registered him, does he become foreign at the next registration window, or does he become foreign instantly and throw my squad balance completely off midseason?

He becomes and remains a foreigner as soon as he's capped by another nation in the game.

9 hours ago, perpetua said:

He becomes and remains a foreigner as soon as he's capped by another nation in the game.

Oof that's frustrating, but thanks for explaining.

To be fair, this does make way more sense from a Turkish national team perspective than how Serie A focuses on players trained in Italy, which includes players ineligible for Gli Azzurri and excludes others who are eligible.

Why is this dual national still considered eligible for Turkey and not considered foreign despite making so many competitive appearances for Belgium? Is it because of his age? Maybe I still don't fully understand the rules.

image.png.d1fd0b15198dc2b25086207daaf934ed.png

image.thumb.png.030a4a98b1204b9193ef3c7de698b6c4.png

He just won what looks like player of the year (?) in March (?) but the award seems to have been given both to Turkish players abroad and non-Turkish players in the domestic league. All very confusing.

image.thumb.png.2072bb6f94e079a58287dfbca2dc3020.png