• Unable to substitute or take off injured player

Thynthias
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

The problem I believe arises due to the unique substitution rule of K league 1. In the K-league, teams are allowed to substitute either 2, 3, 4, or 5 players depending on how many U-22 or U-21 they have on field/bench. However, the game seems to consider only the maximum substitution number (5) before the actual substitution request is made. So if I could make only 2 subs and used both of them, the game will still think I had 3 subs left. This becomes a problem when there is an injured player after all the subs have been made. As I have used up all my substitution cards, I cannot replace him with another player. However, as the game thinks I have subs left, it will not allow me to take him off the field. This has resulted in me being unable to play the rest of the match as the game won't allow me to continue unless the injured player is taken off the field, which is impossible due to the endless ping-pong of 'try to take off player' -> 'you can't b/c you have subs left' -> 'try to sub injured player' -> 'you don't have subs left'.

How to recreate: Start a match in K-league, fill your squad with old men (to not hit the 5 sub limit), use up all your substitution cards, and have a player be injured.

My suggestion is to just let the teams take off players whenever they want, regardless of whether they have used up all their substitutions or not. Or make the engine recognize the different substitution limits in K-league.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments