• Number of substitution

Fuego72
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

In French Leagues (Ligue 1 for sure), the number of substitutions allowed is 5 since 2 years. In game, we can only do 3 substitutions. Sometimes, we can make a fourth substitutions when a player is injured.

I know there are rules like not doing all 5 substitutions at the same time, but I think there is a problem because I never managed to make 5 substitutions, while it happens all the time in real life.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Just to ask, are you using the quick substitution tool at the bottom of the screen to make your changes?

Untitled.png.793095a3ff0b49065efc26283bb58def.png

The rules are, 5 substitutions in 3 breaks of play, so if you're using that quick sub option, you may be causing more breaks in play than you think

When making multiple substitutions, just try:

a) pausing the match while you make your quick subs, this will group the subs together or:

b) make your subs on the tactic screen, as those substitutions group together ie one break in play 

• SI Staff

Hello, yes you need to use your five substitutions within three match stoppages. For example, two subs at 60 mins, two at 70 mins and one at 80 mins. If you sub on players one at a time you will run out of match stoppages, hope this helps.