• Staff numbers update - 0 scouts for no reason

chprgnr
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I'm playing with Lens in my first season and I just got a staff numbers update (May 10th 2023). I'm now allowed to have 0 scouts instead of the previous 1+7. 16 million pounds in the bank and no other known issues. My under 19 squad also had a staff update, but I find it hard to believe that this is the only reason why the scout limits are reduced to zero. 

FM23scouts.png

FM23u19.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've had this too.

Promoted first season with Fredrikstad to Norwegian Premier and scouts allowed is now 0.

I cannot request 'scouts allowed' from the board meetings either.

• SI Staff
    7 minutes ago, Bunney91 said:

I’m having exactly the same issue. Every save I make has exactly the save problem.

We haven't been able to reproduce this issue internally as of yet. If you have a save game from just before your scouting numbers drop to zero then we would be very interested in taking a look.

Details on how to upload the save game can be found via the link below. 

I have experienced that as well. I no longer have a save file that it goes that back but I am 90% certain it happens due to the overall balance of the team and in particular the scouting budget remaining.

I have added a second manager, payed £5mil for a player, set the scouting budget to £500k and 2 days later they restore the previous number of scouts and the chief scout.

19 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

We haven't been able to reproduce this issue internally as of yet. If you have a save game from just before your scouting numbers drop to zero then we would be very interested in taking a look.

Details on how to upload the save game can be found via the link below. 

For what its worth I had the issue too. I have posted the save game at the time of reporting the bug the other day. Save file is called "No Scouts Allowed" but it is a save file from when the News item is already in the inbox, hope it helps though

Doing some experimentation this seems to occur when your scouting budget hits zero. I'm thinking the logic may be "you have no scouting budget, why do you need scouts?"

I had this happen on a save in the last few weeks of the season, I'm seeing what happens when the calendar rolls over now.

Hi all, not sure if this is a similar problem but in my 5 Champions League save I've recently joined Sheffield United and my board isn't allowing me any staff (e.g. 4/0 coaches). When I try to hire a new coach the board blocks the transfer. This has been an 11 season save so far, is there any way to recover this?

image.thumb.png.3cf64bb4deef3e6166893da36ec9679d.png

• SI Staff

Hi @Mattbt

As this is a separate issue could you log this under a new post and provide a save game and we can get this looked at? Ideally a save before you take over the Sheffield United job would be perfect

Cheers,
    Russell

• Administrators

Believe this has now been resolved in a previous update, thank you for your patience. Do let us know if you spot anything similar.