• Please fix staff preferred job

Dotsworthy
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

This has been an ongoing issue but a non-players preferred job in the staff search rarely correlates with what they demand in the contract talks. This makes hunting for staff, especially outside of top 5 leagues an exercise in frustration.

image.thumb.png.98272416292de4e1d8b4f520440f6177.png

image.thumb.png.e5610d3535adc7621a5ca68580b0baba.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Thanks for raising this, we are looking into this issue. In the meantime, can you try changing the condition 'partially' to 'is' under the advanced search. It should filter for staff that are interested in the particular job role rather than those who are just partially interested.

• Administrators

Believe this has now been resolved in a previous update, thank you for your patience. Do let us know if you spot anything similar. 

I want to provide an update. This still isn't fixed:

This is hugely frustrating and makes finding staff a tedious experience. What is the point of having the preferred job filter? It lies 50% of the time.

image.thumb.png.fadee1cffbbdf039f4dc62a0b4621cc3.png

image.thumb.png.a2a6d01fb88dbfce68f5aacd89c74be0.png

image.thumb.png.91aa904e74541602c134934c18164743.png

Hi everyone,

Wanted to provide additional sample size to this. This has been a massively frustrating issue, the degree to which many staff are unwilling to consider offers for their preferred job, even when I make an absurd offer for their current standing.

An example I am including here is of Ismaila Babatunde, who showed up in my staff search as interested in a first-team position in the role of Recruitment Analyst, which is also Ismaila's preferred job. He currently is a scout making £10.25k annually for a lower division Swedish club, and his contract is expiring within 1 year. I offered Ismaila £99k annually for 4 years to serve in his preferred role of Recruitment Analyst at our club. He responded by demanding a Scout position, which was non-negotiable. This scenario occurs repeatedly, including with candidates who do not hold any current position but previously held a position that differs from their listed Preferred Job. Uploading save as bdonahue2 - ficklestaffers.

image.thumb.png.4d431c0cfcbdf974cbf6d45db75ad425.png

image.thumb.png.74281530573b44c805bfba4a1306cb6a.pngimage.thumb.png.3d411d6b3bef09c6447051e34606d58e.png