• Issues with player wanting to leave

Weston
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

image.thumb.png.bb59d75de208ac7786df55638702f458.png

We are in the second division and I believe we will get promoted this year. This player has one year left in his contract, and he says he is considering his options.

He asks to discuss how he is considering his options, and I accept that, because I understand - he obviously wants to see if we get promoted or not before deciding to renew or leave. Fair enough.

But then, the next day, despite this being resolved, he is now asking to leave, which doesn't make sense.

Furthermore, there is no option to promise that we will get promoted like there used to be. I want to tell him he can leave if we don't go up, but leave it open to renew him if we do.

But the best I can do is tell him to leave on a free at the end of his contract, and the it says "leaving on a free," leaving me to believe he will not entertain new contract talks even if we go up...

What can I do? Seems like there's some inconsistency here.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Aside from the issue that the player is giving conflicting feedback and there is a missing dialogue option - is it possible that he changes his mind if we get promoted?

The only workaround I can think of is using the editor to remove all unhappiness, but I don't want to do that, as it doesn't really capture the nuance.

Edited by Weston

He's now asking AGAIN and the season still hasn't even started yet! We agreed he would reassess at the end of the season. Why are there two more discontent dialogues before a single league fixture's kicked off?

image.thumb.png.340e1b94ba9c60d93ec0a0f183bf2b70.png

See new save VPS cup start iiiiii

I'd still appreciate any insight you can give on whether or not gaining promotion will cause him to reconsider and potentially be interested in renewing his contract. I'm concerned that, because his contract expires 30 Nov, he won't realize we've been promoted in time because the season doesn't switch over until 15 Dec...

Still happening and not even halfway through the season yet. Shouldn't be happening this much, and even if it were, the "you can leave if we don't get promoted" promise is missing, which is very frustrating.

image.thumb.png.15dec8b2d6756f92760064faaa6c7049.png

Where is the bug - was he not actually meant to agree to consider his options at the END of his contract that ends after this season, or was he and this is all illogical to follow?

@Zachary Whyte Now he's getting a Bosman offer from another club, which doesn't make sense, because when someone is opting to wait until their contract runs out before deciding what to do they don't entertain contract offers.

But he also tells me he wants to renew but can't because we can't afford him, which simply isn't true...

So do I use the editor to renew him, or not? Is he actually interested in taking a reasonable wage increase to stay as I get promoted, or does he actually want to cash out elsewhere regardless? It's impossible to tell because of the conflicting information I'm getting, but I'd appreciate any advice you can give me on how to proceed from here. (See saves "VPS july iii" and "VPS july iii (v03)."

image.thumb.png.013b7f4f62277a39f5923e003fe71066.png

Edited by Weston

@Kyle Brownmaybe you can take a look at the above today? I don't want to continue with my save until I know how to proceed - wouldn't want to lose him because of a bug or use the editor to workaround this if he is really meant to want to leave regardless.

• Administrators

I've nudged the relevant team members but being this time on a Friday I'm afraid they won't get a look in until next week. I did try and explore some of the contract options myself and it does reproduce on the latest code so it's likely one we're going to have to get our testers to explore and examine. 

Can only apologise, may not be an easy one to fix so I'm really not sure on a timeframe.