• Derry City Issues

re1n
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Just finished my first season of the beta and have played as Derry City and noticed a few problems;

1) Ronan Boyce is listed as "Northern Irish", he is from Ramelton (Donegal) and has been called up by Ireland u21's. 

2)  During away games (haven't noticed so much in home games)  the away end display display an Ulster banner, this would never happen, it would be more likely for them to have an Irish tricolour.

3) European home games being moved to Windsor Park simply wouldn't happen, much more likely to be moved to Sligo or worst case Dublin, but being moved to Windsor Park would never happen.

4) Youth player without Irish nationality, most if not all players that would be likely to come through Derry's youth ranks would at least have Irish 2nd nationality (all people born in the north have the option of Irish citizenship) and would more likely than not chose to represent Ireland if they had the choice, although I understand that this could be a difficult thing to implement without causing more issues.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi @re1n

Many thanks for getting in touch with your feedback.

Issues 1+4 have both been amended and should be resolved now.

Issue 1 Boyce was down as being from Derry, when he was in actual fact born in Donegal (Ramelton) as you stated, this was granting him a dual nationality in game and Northern Ireland were calling him up to their squad at U21 level, hence his change of nationality. I have also changed the nationality of Patrick McEleney to ROI, he was actually being called up to the senior NI squad in game, when he has previously committed his international future to the ROI.

Issue 2 I'm unaware if this something like that can be altered by us. I believe it may just be linked to the province your club is based in unfortunately.

Issue 3 is a tricky one, while you're 100% right, Derry City would never play a 3rd round qualifier at Windsor Park, the Showgrounds in Sligo is not a realistic option either, it would be largely the same tier stadium as the Brandywell, probably a move to Tallaght Stadium is most realistic.

Here's where it gets tricky and technical though, in terms of editing this, there is a provision for moving stadiums in European competitions, but these are split into "prelim", "main", "later".

To explain these: 

Prelim = starting with qualifying (basically all matches)
    Main = group stage and onwards
    Later = anything after the group stage, any knock out rounds

So that would mean, if prelim was changed to, just say for example, Tallaght Stadium - all of Derry City's qualifying games in Europe would be played at Tallaght Stadium.

This year in real life, St. Patrick's Athletic played the first and second round of their UEFA Europa Conference League qualifying games at Richmond Park, then they were forced to move to Tallaght Stadium for the third round qualifying game against CSKA Sofia.

There is no way to setup the game to incorporate this, so it seems you either set it that all of a teams European qualifying games are at a stadium (like Tallaght for example), or you leave it blank and it seems the game decides then by location where the 3rd round tie is played.