• Almere City Issues

TheBladeSharp
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

The list below is a collection of the issues I'm seeing with Almere City FC, I'll separate them by factual situations as well as personal opinions.

Facts: 
    -Hedwiges Maduro is part of the first team coaching staff IRL, having even managed the away game at Jong Utrecht this current season after Alex Pastoor was given a match ban following a red card the game prior. In FM23 Hedwiges Maduro is part of the B team coaching staff. 

-Marcelencio Esajas is part of the first team squad irl, in-game he's in the B team. 

-The Markermeer Derby is listed twice at the Club Info screen. 

-There are no players in the Under 18s, all youth players have been merged into the B Team. 

Opionions:
    -Nordin Bakker's CA is not high enough. Agil Etemadi hasn't been the first team goalkeeper for a long time, yet is still listed as the First-Choice Goalkeeper over Nordin Bakker who has been the first team goalkeeper since his arrival in the January Transfer Window. Stijn Keller is the current Backup, having played as a stand-in for Bakker when he was injured. Etemadi is the 3rd Goalkeeper for Almere. In particular Bakker's COA, Eccentricity, Composure, and First Touch are a smidge too low. 

-Thomas Poll's work rate, pace, and acceleration are all too low. Since last year Poll has been the work horse on the left hand side of the pitch, constantly going up and down the wing and even going into central areas of the pitch to either apply pressure or win the ball (back). 

-Marcelencio Esajas' CA is too low for his place in the team. I agree that he is young at 20 years old, but he is a regular face in the starting 11. His Determination, Work Rate, Bravery, Off The Ball, and Aggression are all too low.

-Maarten Pouwels is rated far too highly. He is not a Regular Starter anymore and has been playing extremely poorly whenever he has been playing either last or current season. His Balance, Pace, Strength, Work Rate, Off The Ball, Passing, and Technique are too high.

-Théo Barbet's Strength, Tackling, and Stamina are a smidge too low. He has been performing amicably this (pre-)season.

-Joey Jacobs is part of the First Squad, in-game he is put into the B Team.

Should I find more issues I will add them accordingly, and should more explanations be required please ask me and I'll do my best to explain myself.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Thanks for your feedback, cool. - and sure keep it coming.
    Hmm...

- Maduro is set as assistant manager (first team) - so that's peculiar. He appears in the first team on the overview screen in my internal test version. So I ought to assume that is correct.
    - Esajas - it's not always easy to ensure a talented player that is not necessarily a key first team player - to get him into the first team. I have given him a slight increase, and have "forced" him into the first team, so the AI will be overruled.
    - Markermeer Derby - hm, it's called Markermeer Derby from both ends - I presume that's why it appears like that - but yeah, that doesn't look good.

U18/B-Team - Not sure what to do about this myself.

- Bakker. Not a fan of any Ally goalkeeper, but there's some room to tweak.
    - Poll. Difficult player to judge. I've seen him a few times, and he's very... I don't know. Inconsistent. There's good things and bad things about him. Not so fast. I do like him, but he's not that great. He should be first option as leftback (wingback)

- Pouwels - Feels like a mental issue to me. Or maybe he has just always been bad but just had a decent run. Don't write him off completely yet though.

-Barbet - Fair. Made him a little bit Barbetter.

- Jacobs - Yeah, looks like a reputation issue for him as well, so I'll improve him slightly, mostly in that regard.

26 minutes ago, Jeroen Thijssen said:

Thanks for your feedback, cool. - and sure keep it coming.
    Hmm...

- Maduro is set as assistant manager (first team) - so that's peculiar. He appears in the first team on the overview screen in my internal test version. So I ought to assume that is correct.
    - Esajas - it's not always easy to ensure a talented player that is not necessarily a key first team player - to get him into the first team. I have given him a slight increase, and have "forced" him into the first team, so the AI will be overruled.
    - Markermeer Derby - hm, it's called Markermeer Derby from both ends - I presume that's why it appears like that - but yeah, that doesn't look good.

U18/B-Team - Not sure what to do about this myself.

- Bakker. Not a fan of any Ally goalkeeper, but there's some room to tweak.
    - Poll. Difficult player to judge. I've seen him a few times, and he's very... I don't know. Inconsistent. There's good things and bad things about him. Not so fast. I do like him, but he's not that great. He should be first option as leftback (wingback)

- Pouwels - Feels like a mental issue to me. Or maybe he has just always been bad but just had a decent run. Don't write him off completely yet though.

-Barbet - Fair. Made him a little bit Barbetter.

- Jacobs - Yeah, looks like a reputation issue for him as well, so I'll improve him slightly, mostly in that regard.

Hedwiges Maduro appears as a standard B Team Coach on my end, so I do wonder where that issue arises.
    Poll is a somewhat inconsistent player, but not extremely so. The thing that he always does, regardless of anything, is work hard on the wing like Esajas works in midfield. Neither of them ever truly stops running at opposing players or chasing after balls at the end of a game.
    Pouwels is, in my own opinion, a terrible player. 15 goals and 7 assists in a total of 87 games for Cambuur, GAE, and Almere combined as a striker is absolutely abysmal. All he is is tall, and that's something that'd only work in the amateur leagues in The Netherlands. He's become a gigantic meme to the entire fanbase of the club.   Someone who's an example of having had a mental issue on the pitch was Lance Duijvestijn who had a few poor games after the transfer window shut when he wasn't allowed to leave to the Eredivisie. Now he's playing like nothing ever happened. 

P.S.: 10/10 for the Barbetter pun.

image.png

• SI Staff
    5 minutes ago, TheBladeSharp said:

Hedwiges Maduro appears as a standard B Team Coach on my end, so I do wonder where that issue arises.
    Poll is a somewhat inconsistent player, but not extremely so. The thing that he always does, regardless of anything, is work hard on the wing like Esajas works in midfield. Neither of them ever truly stops running at opposing players or chasing after balls at the end of a game.
    Pouwels is, in my own opinion, a terrible player. 15 goals and 7 assists in a total of 87 games for Cambuur, GAE, and Almere combined as a striker is absolutely abysmal. All he is is tall, and that's something that'd only work in the amateur leagues in The Netherlands. He's become a gigantic meme to the entire fanbase of the club.   Someone who's an example of having had a mental issue on the pitch was Lance Duijvestijn who had a few poor games after the transfer window shut when he wasn't allowed to leave to the Eredivisie. Now he's playing like nothing ever happened. 

P.S.: 10/10 for the Barbetter pun.

image.png

Not familiar with the meme!

Maduro - Very strange. Everything about him looks fine. Good guy as well, by the way. 
    Oh yeah, I have removed the double derby - should be ok now.

Rest logged/noted/changed