• Online Career Mode Unplayable - Disconnected from host

Cheezmunsta
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Me and my friend have been playing Online football manager career modes for years with no issues but now he will be constantly disconnected from the server when we play FM23.

The disconnects happen anywhere between 1-30 minutes after joining the game.

List of things we have tried - 

Giving FM admin privileges

Disabling firewall

re-installing/verifying integrity of game files

Resetting our PCs/Internet routers

Running internet connection tests both our internet connections are really strong

starting new save games

We are at an absolute loss on how to solve this and it is incredibly frustrating as the only reason we buy the game every year is to play online together.

I cant find anything online where anyone has had this issue and solved it so any help is greatly appreciated please, as things stand we cannot play the game for longer than 30 minutes at most before my friend disconnects 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Have you tried changing it so your friend is the host and you connect to their hosted save? If they're disconnecting regularly from a game you're hosting it is likely going to be something about their set-up and it may well be beneficial to ask them to create a support ticket through here: https://fmofficial.support/Ticket

That way we can look into things in a bit more of a bespoke manner.

On 01/01/2023 at 01:54, Michael Sant said:

Have you tried changing it so your friend is the host and you connect to their hosted save? If they're disconnecting regularly from a game you're hosting it is likely going to be something about their set-up and it may well be beneficial to ask them to create a support ticket through here: https://fmofficial.support/Ticket

That way we can look into things in a bit more of a bespoke manner.

Hey, thanks for the reply,

I will try to get them to make a ticket, unfortunately my friend cant host as they play on an older laptop so we would only be able to have maybe a couple of leagues, it meets minimum requirements but it is fairly old. I did suspect that it may be his internet as the area he lives in is known for poor internet quality but with FM its never been an issue for us before just seems to be FM23 

• SI Staff

Hopefully this has since improved. As a separate thought, if its an issue locally for this person with their internet it may be worth suggesting they tether to their phone (if possible and their data allows for it) to try a different connection.

The Problem is still there in February , we played 22 hundrets of Hours without problem , our first 3 Seasons in 23 without Problem and sinde yesterday he disconnect from the Game and its unplayable 

• Administrators

@nrwbasti Going forward will be better to create a new thread when you encounter an issue like this, and provide us with your save game and steps to reproduce. 
    Not every disconnect happens for the same reason, so it's not guaranteed to be the same as the thread you've responded to. 

Will copy and paste this onto the existing threads and close them off, and we'll look to help if you can create a new one :)

On 21/02/2023 at 20:44, Kyle Brown said:

@nrwbasti Going forward will be better to create a new thread when you encounter an issue like this, and provide us with your save game and steps to reproduce. 
    Not every disconnect happens for the same reason, so it's not guaranteed to be the same as the thread you've responded to. 

Will copy and paste this onto the existing threads and close them off, and we'll look to help if you can create a new one :)

issue is still here, this is an absolute joke, we have tried everything and the game still choses to disconnect my friend within the first 5 minutes of joining for no reason at all.

we had to abandon the game for months, came back to it and its still the same... unplayable