• Create a Club keeps crashing on me

Baihu
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Hi.  I can't play this mode since everytime I choose the dream squad and click on continue game crashes on me.  All drivers updated.

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz   2.30 GHz    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable) 
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU

I play through steam.    Please help. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

It's a known issue specific with create a club which is currently being investigated. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

9 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

It's a known issue specific with create a club which is currently being investigated. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Were you able to reproduce? That's the first step to find the root cause but yesterday you still weren't able to do it.

• SI Staff

Hello, while we continue to investigate this issue, we've discovered you can avoid the crash, by avoiding transferring players in and out of your create a club who have a worth of £0, thank you.

@Zachary Whyte your advice didn’t work for me, still crashing. I did not add or remove any player with value 0. The team I chose is Man. City and my device is Ipad Air 4.

Edited by elibolao

7 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, while we continue to investigate this issue, we've discovered you can avoid the crash, by avoiding transferring players in and out of your create a club who have a worth of £0, thank you.

Hey Zach I tried doing this but it didn't worked, still crashes.  Is good to know you're aware of it, please keep us updated.   Thank you! 

Tried creating a club as Southampton and keeps crashing,

Tried Multiple tests

With and without affiliations - keeps crashing

Changing every player in squad - Crash

Only changing up to 11 players ( Did not add or remove anyone worth £0) - Crash

Changed no one with £0 value or adding anyone that requires a work permit - Crash

Tried changing skin back to default - crash

Tried using a different club name - crash

Tested 'Retaining backroom staff' both on and off - crash

tried only selecting 1 nation, changing players only above £0 value - crash

I have same crashes în create a club mode and it's only after last update (which I think it was în 1 december). And unfortunately I can't select to play original version of the game in which I didn't had crashes (ironically this last version solves crashes). And I tried to not add or remove players with 0 value and even not remove players younger than 22, but still same crashes. For me, oldest version was better than this 'without' crashes.

Yesterday i tried again and manage to start a new save without crashing. I have selected many leagues, I choose any players I wanted except players under 21-22 and I didn't remove players under 21-22. So it worked. I guess that adding or removing younger players generates crashes.

• SI Staff

It is something we're still working on and have under review. I appreciate its a frustrating one for sure to be impacting the create a club in this way and we do hope to resolve this as soon as we're able to.

On 19/12/2022 at 17:05, Kondenado said:

One question: Once the issue is found/fixed we will have a hotfix or we will need to wait for a larger update?

Do you think it will be fixed? It's been 2 weeks and still nothing.

I still crash... so this is still not fixed... I can't play with my "dream team" in my self created club. That's actually important for me.

So DEVS hear me:

To recreate my crashes just simply try to create your own club with "Burton" from the english "Sky Bet League One" and put in a name, stadion name and city.

Add the player "Endrick" (the 15 year old lad) to the squad.

After that you need to let 1 or 2 players go to stay under the max budget.

As far as I tested it doesn't matter if you're player count is within the max 22 squad register range or above.

Don't change anything else...

Oh and if you are at the last screen where you can customize your managers skills and you forgot something don't even think about pressing the "<--" arrow on the top left to go back to the other menus... because then somehow the game thinks you want to manage the albanian national team despite not opting for an international manager career.

Furthermore would it be helpful to let us write more than 20 symbols into the crash details... maybe so we can give you the details you ask for...

I hope you fix this soon, I just created this account only because I'm so sad to not being able to manage my own "special" club

It's really poor that this is still happening 6 weeks after this was first reported. A game cycle is only a year so it's strange this hasn't already been remedied given they have identified and it is a consistent issue across all cases. The "fix" also doesn't work suggested above where you can just avoid players with 0 value

From this thread it shows that it still hasn't been fixed over 3 weeks after this comment from Neil Brock.

I have tried to create a new club with all the suggestions above... having it crash as soon as you try to add a player to your dream team. It's not good enough.

I thought this would have been a basic thing that was tested???  Please update on when this will be fixed. Thanks

• SI Staff

Hello, this issue should be resolved in an upcoming update.

Unfortunately I can't give you an exact timeframe. 

We're sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience on this issue. 

• Administrators

We've just released a new update which we hope will have resolved this issue. 

If you could ensure you're playing on the latest version and then let us know how you get on it would be much appreciated. :)