• Process Results Into Stage / Take Results Into Other Stage Issue

CTxCB
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Both Process Results Into Stage and Take Results Into Other Stage don't work if both teams are not an exact match. E.g: For an experiment I made a competition where there are two leagues within it that run side by side, one for the First Teams, and one for the Under 18s teams, what I wanted was to process the results of the Under 18s games into the league with the First Team results, so that the final tally of points, wins, losses, draws, etc is a culmination of both those teams results. But, because [Insert Team Name] Under 18s are not in both leagues, Process Results Into Stage and Take Results Into Other Stage do not work. This shouldn't be the case if both teams are internally the same club (e.g: not an external club like Dortmund II or Barca B are to their club), the check should instead be done so the Next Higher Team is checked against until there is a Match (e.g: If it was Liverpool Under 18s and they weren't in the other league, it'd check if their Under 23s are there, and then their First Team).

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've been experimenting with this functionality more, and I still cannot get it to work in this way. I do not know why the 'matching' for Process Results Into Stage and Take Results Into Other Stage is so strict. Personally, I feel that level of strictness is unnecessarily preventative.

Edited by CTxCB

On 18/11/2022 at 12:39, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello,  This is more a feature request rather than a bug. It's not possible to do in the editor at the moment.

If you would like to see this in a future FM, please create a feature request using the link below.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/680-football-manager-feature-requests/

Simply stating that everything that is "not possible to do in the editor at the moment" is a Feature Request is not really a good practice. The issue is that the  Process Results Into Stage and Take Results Into Other Stage features of the Pre-Game Editor (and FM) don't act as expected. The ability to process results into a league table from two teams that are part of the same club (e.g: Reserves and First Team, Under 18s and First Team, etc) should've been possible when the feature(s) were originally conceived. I see that as a bug. If I were to ask for something substantially new to be ADDED (e.g: the ability to edit the breakdown of nationalities given to newgens in a nation), I see that as a Feature Request.