• Multiple crashes when testing competitions

MRC
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Anyone else experiencing this?

I have recently started to test competitions in the editor to see if my database messed anything up and fix it in advance before running tests ingame.

I've found that this causes the editor to crash regularly.

Like testing a couple of times will work, but after a few repetitions in the "Test competition - fix - test rules - save - test competition" cycle the editor crashes and the following message appears:

Spoiler

Application Error

Application Error: A serious error was encountered and the application will now close. An error file has been generated in: (...)

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and visit technical support at https://fm21(LOL at that one, seems like it's been some time).info/support-FAQ for further assistance.

It happened to me several times today as I was looking to fix the number of teams in german & portuguese leagues.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I actually submitted a bug for that FM21 link (that actually goes to a site I don't think SI owns anymore) but I find it interesting that they weren't able to fix it with the last fix. 

Edited by Digijustin
    Forgot ending parens

It really is quite annoying when you're working on bigger databases where you have to do a lot of testing. I thought perhaps "clearing" the test every time before repeating it or doing another one would work, but I'm still experiencing regular crashed (although it feels like there are very slightly fewer crashed when I clear in between - but most of the time it still crashes after 3 or 4 testruns)

I'm probably sitting around 10 crashes for the day right now.

Edit: Nevermind. It's crashing like every other time right now.

Edit 2: It seems this crash primarily occurs when you test after saving. Without saving in between I was able to test several times (clearing in between). But the way I usually do it is saving before testing again so I don't lose my changes if it crashes.

Edited by MRC

• Administrators

Apologies for the lack of communication with this issue, can I double check if they've persisted on the latest version? If so, could we please have the editor files?

I've used the editor drastically less after working through the pain and completing the database that I was working on, but in that limited time I haven't experienced any crashes so far in the latest version.

Perhaps I should make a new post since this isn't regarding crashes, but the recent update has made it utterly impossible to continue working on databases in the pre-game editor if the database includes a new competition that was created by duplicating an existing one (meaning a new unique ID), it seems that it's entirely necessary to start from scratch if that database is supposed to be played with the newest version of FM.

I know the pre-game editor is a very niché tool, not used by many and not the selling point of the game - but I don't think actively making it harder to work with with every update is the correct way to go about it. For me at the very least, creating and playing custom databases is half the fun.