• Joint Custom Databases Causing Crash Upon Loading Player Profiles and Other Detail Pages

Coltons13
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Per the title, I have created two custom databases using the pre-game editor - one creating new nation rules and structure for the USA and the second creating new club continental rules and structure for North America. Both databases are validated in the pre-game editor and databases changes are shared between the two files to ensure consistency. I am able to load each in the game itself and start a save with either or both loaded - this crash issue only occurs when both are loaded for a save.

The crash occurs immediately upon selecting a player from squad view and attempting to view their profile - the game freezes and crashes out, throwing up the error reporting tool and creating a crash dump. It also occurs when accessing the "Rules" page for the CONCACAF Champions League competition - as well as other competitions. I suspect the issue to originate somewhere in the North American edited database, since the USA edited database functions perfectly otherwise when utilized alone.

To recreate, simply start a new save with the two databases activated and attempt to access a player profile from squad view. I've attached the relevant databases and crash dumps here.

0fab19a3-b04c-44d8-b784-a7fcedafa0c8.jpg

American Pyramid Revamp 2023.fmf CONCACAF Revamp 2023.fmf 0fab19a3-b04c-44d8-b784-a7fcedafa0c8.dmp

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Update: On further experimentation, I can confirm the issue only occurs when viewing a player profile for a player on a club registered to one of the new club continental competitions for North America. Non-registered clubs for that year's competitions can open player profiles just fine. Clearly something is going wrong once a club is registered for the continental competitions that causes the game to be unable to open those profiles, but I can't fathom what that might be - all rules validate just fine and the save doesn't crash on advancing or anything, just when clicking into those profiles. Maybe the game is for some reason looking in an incorrect location for the player profile data when their club is registered to the continental competitions? I have no idea how to verify that though.

I also get this bug when using an American database and a North American continental competition. I believe it is a bug due to the rule discipline error. I have a save you can use to test this. It is uploaded to the cloud and called 

Spectator Poo - Helenites.fm

If you go to the rules tab for the competition Central and Caribbean Cup it will crash.

I also noticed that if I create a save with only one of the files, when I go to the detail level option North America shows up in continental club competitions. When I use both files, North America does not appear.

image.thumb.png.3d4b918084911d0b7f1e5fb58f95d331.png

image.png.8dce3b1024741e0d4afa076772b2496d.png

test.fmf zz My America.fmf

Edited by guku
    added editor files

if you just change the competition rules from North America to World you can get around this bug I just figured out. If you are still around Colton13

• Administrators
    On 23/01/2023 at 15:55, guku said:

I also get this bug when using an American database and a North American continental competition. I believe it is a bug due to the rule discipline error. I have a save you can use to test this. It is uploaded to the cloud and called 

Spectator Poo - Helenites.fm

If you go to the rules tab for the competition Central and Caribbean Cup it will crash.

I also noticed that if I create a save with only one of the files, when I go to the detail level option North America shows up in continental club competitions. When I use both files, North America does not appear.

image.thumb.png.3d4b918084911d0b7f1e5fb58f95d331.png

image.png.8dce3b1024741e0d4afa076772b2496d.png

test.fmf zz My America.fmf

I've flagged these files to our testing team, thank you.