• Drafts

CTxCB
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

In the Pre-Game Editor... The new General Draft only works within USA / Canada, and not with any other nation tested with, even if the similar Draft Rules are used to the ones in the Canadian Premier League. I can understand all the MLS-specific drafts being hardcoded only to work in the USA, but I have no idea why this should be the case for a general, all-purpose draft, especially seeing as those drafts could be a powerful tool for database creators to use in improving streamed Online Knockout Tournaments (i.e FM Playoffs, Road to Legends, etc).

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 08/11/2022 at 16:34, Zachary Whyte said:

Thanks for flagging. We've put this under review. :) 

This is still an issue with the recent update. I've attached a database file, highlighting where the General Draft is selected, and set up correctly, something which is "general" and should NOT be hardcoded to only work with the Canadian Premier League. I've also uploaded a save file through the ownCloud, "Seati Seaby - Draft Test A.fm", as Bournemouth, which highlights the issue wherein, the "Draft" appears on the schedule, but the schedule progresses past it, as if it isn't even there.

Draft Test.fmf