• setting file localization

myfunnygame
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Hello, I want to save the "my defaults settings" file on my hard drive in a separate place, but I don't know where it can be in the fm23 folders. Can you help me?

If I reset all the settings, I have to change the screen, amount of saves, save method, currency, annual music cutoff compensation, etc. I'd rather just replace the reset settings with my default ones. Can anyone point to the folder with these settings? I couldn't find it anywhere on the hard drive, not even in a search engine on the Internet.

In settings i change localization of save to disk D: and in Steam apps i change my folder with that:  --user_data_location="D:\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023"

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, what your looking to save would be your preferences folder.

Which can be located by typing %localappdata% into your windows search bar. Then navigating to Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2023/Preferences. 

On 07/12/2022 at 15:38, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, what your looking to save would be your preferences folder.

Which can be located by typing %localappdata% into your windows search bar. Then navigating to Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2023/Preferences. 

ok, and which file is responsible for preferences? It's one file or it's a set of files and it's going to be hard to get the few settings that I want to always be the same?

• Administrators

Is this the location you're after? C:\Users\kyle.brown\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\Preferences\version 1 

10 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Is this the location you're after? C:\Users\kyle.brown\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\Preferences\version 1 

yes i was on version 1 and now i want to copy and paste to another folder to save my favorite settings.

Sometimes if I click something by accident or reset the settings, then I have to set everything up again. And I wouldn't want to do that again

Edited by myfunnygame