• Wonderkinds don't develop - worse, stats get worse

Mitza
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

I know youth player development has been tweaked, but how much has it been toned down?

Never in my 4000+ hours I have seen such terrible youth development like in FM23.

I am on a longer-term save, around the year 2029. I have over 10 160+ PA youth that I've carefully scouted (some even with the ingame editor), and just as any other FM, I've been slowly integrating players in the first team. Now I regularely start a lot of these young players, week by week, match by match. In past FMs, constant minutes for high potential players means great results in term of attribute progression. This year, these player progressively GET WORSE every month. If I get some light green arrows today, in two weeks every stat would have a orange arrow pointing down. I thought it was just temporary, but some of these players I had for over 2 years, yet they are somehow looking worse than when I bought them. I checked the progression graph set on ALL TIME, and my theory was right - a ton of these players actually lost a bunch of stats, even those with over 30 apps in a season. Mind that I have state of the art coaches, state of the art training facilities, and superb youth facilities. Regular minutes and mentoring as well. No bad personalities for any of them. Only about two have actually gotten better, but everyone else hasn't. I attached screenshots with examples of this.

1 Ginard.png

2 Ginard.png

3 Storm.png

4 Storm.png

5 Storm.png

6 Diaz.png

7 Diaz.png

8 Cons.png

9 Cons.png

10 Mc.png

11 Mac.png

12 Facilities.png

13 Training.png

14 Chacon.png

15 Chacon.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

More increases than decreases are visible on those player profiles. However, its very possible that your approach to developing them is not suited to these players, some of them may just be more likely to develop a little later into their careers and there is the reality that development isn't guaranteed. Some players just won't attain their potential. We would need your save game file to take a look into this further though.  A guide on how to share this is available here: