• 233k wage budget available, can't offer more than 3k to an important player?

Weston
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I don't understand how this much can all be broken at the same time, the game is verging on unplayable at this point...

image.thumb.png.f718f7430248f4c3769edb769f1bf2fd.png

image.thumb.png.b5b8475d8d9be030692e6494d6daff40.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

7 hours ago, LingLing said:

Doesn't necessarily mean it's broken, it might be your board restricting how much wage you can offer,

3k for an important player or star player or whatever he was is not a board limitation, that would be absurd. If it is a board limitation then that's the bug.

7 hours ago, LingLing said:

Not really, it's their way of saying "we don't want you to overspend". It might be a bug, but I highly doubt.

Okay but the limit is much higher and for all other negotiations it reflected that, so yes, this is a bug.

In what world does it make sense for your club to limit new contracts to less than the league minimum when you can afford more than the league minimum?

On 26/02/2023 at 06:27, LingLing said:

Not really, it's their way of saying "we don't want you to overspend". It might be a bug, but I highly doubt.

If that was the case, the total wage/transfer budget should be restricted, not the amount available to spend on an individual contract.

i have a similar issue while playing with rosenborg...have a 153k wage budget....currently paying 92k...cant offer anyone a contract over 2.3-2.5k...if i fidget with the transfer budget and increase my wage cap to say 160k...then i can offer an 8k wage...so in effect 40k odd is locked from access...and there is no reason why it should be so

The whole negotiating wage situation as a whole is very frustrating.

To get through the transfer window, in which I am usually negotiating several moving parts simultaneously, both in and out, I often have to add 1 million to my budget just so I can actually negotiate properly, before removing that extra placeholder money after the deals are settled on the other side. I'm not actually giving myself any free money, I'm only temporarily lifting the max limit set so I can actually arrange the signing that is within budget regardless.

It's so incredibly frustrating to have these arbitrary limits set without explanation or reason or consistency, when you always end up coming in under budget anyway (or are anticipating incoming funds that haven't officially arrived yet).

Unfortunately, of course, this workaround is not perfect, as players will ask for more money if your budget is larger, which in an of itself is absurd - how would they know what we have budgeted? When you go for a job interview you don't know what that company has budgeted for your role unless they tell you.

Please fix this.