• A question about a different way of recording the stadium's capacity

myfunnygame
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

could somebody tell me the difference between the following stadium capacities please?

There are 5 states.

1. Capacity (all seater) - quite simply - the number of seats is the same as the capacity of the stadium.

image.png.9328eacea1e941862708878f1a9ffa66.png

2. Capacity (XX seats) - it's simple too. For example, in the photo we can see 7,350 of the stadium's capacity (2,830 seated and the rest (4,520) standing).

image.png.6ce96e4c1f9daca47ebb784620f84f3a.png

3. Capacity (XX normal matches) (all seats) - what are 'normal' matches?
    Are you talking about league matches? Does this include domestic cup matches? How is the matches in continental competitions?

Which matches are not normal?

image.png.91969332fc9288465f767200dc20c915.png

4. Capacity

Here is a more difficult example. What does it mean? Only standing places? Or what?

image.png.0ba271662500cd2c496006c912f82388.png

Here we have a capacity of 12,300, but in normal games it is 9,834, but only 2,746 are seated.

What type of seats are added in normal matches? Only sitting places, or 50% standing places and 50% sitting places, or maybe just standing places?

image.png.dd7ac0561c81668fa5594a629866002a.png

Finally, a fun capacity:

6900 -> 38722

image.png.16d7b3c3009863ac564ec4e40d2289e8.png

Or here:

image.png.4d829a5ddc44a0beb7232ea7bd59acc2.png

If they have 300 seats and 3,900 in normal matches, but 4,000 in general.

Are seating added if these are not normal matches? Or are standing places added? How do you think about it?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

In some grounds home and away fans may share a stand. Therefore a portion of the seats my be taken up by dividers between fans, such as though the use of netting or lines of stewards between fans. Therefore, in a "normal" game where the standard allocations apply some seats would be lost to this. 

In other situations, based on health/safety rules or club decisions about reducing maintenance/overheads clubs may not open parts of grounds during normal matches. 

With no mention of any seats, then yes it would presumably be a standing only stadium. 

8 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

In some grounds home and away fans may share a stand. Therefore a portion of the seats my be taken up by dividers between fans, such as though the use of netting or lines of stewards between fans. Therefore, in a "normal" game where the standard allocations apply some seats would be lost to this. 

In other situations, based on health/safety rules or club decisions about reducing maintenance/overheads clubs may not open parts of grounds during normal matches. 

With no mention of any seats, then yes it would presumably be a standing only stadium. 

Thank u!

I was looking for one of the stadiums that had such parameters (only stand) and in the photos in google they have seats (chairs).

Now I don't remember which club it was, but I can try searching again if you want

• SI Staff

That ground would be best raised in the Chinese data issues thread. I don't know enough about the stadium myself but currently it only non-seating capacity provided.

在 2022/11/7 在 AM11点03分, Michael Sant说:

That ground would be best raised in the Chinese data issues thread. I don't know enough about the stadium myself but currently it only non-seating capacity provided.

The figure itself is not incorrect. Shall we specify different capacity amount? 

8 hours ago, FM-China said:

The figure itself is not incorrect. Shall we specify different capacity amount? 

hello, u say that 32000 is only standing places? Is there 0 sitting place on this stadium?

(if this value has no info about seated placed it means that there is 0 seated places, and it is why i ask about it)

Edited by myfunnygame

在 2022/11/14 在 AM5点19分, myfunnygame说:

hello, u say that 32000 is only standing places? Is there 0 sitting place on this stadium?

(if this value has no info about seated placed it means that there is 0 seated places, and it is why i ask about it)

just checked, input was not wrong, so likely a display problem if it misleads. The stadium is by all seated in real life.

On 07/11/2022 at 04:03, Michael Sant said:

if you want i can send you a file with all the clubs without seat in the stadium

Edited by myfunnygame