• Lots of long passes regardless of short passing team instructions

Mr Crinkles
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Most players in general but defenders especially seem to be playing low percentage long passes much more than they realistically should be and than it was in FM22, in my specific example lots of long balls from defence mainly aimed at the DLP in centre midfield even with multiple short passing team instructions, same theme across multiple games (5-6 played so far)

In the attached pkm of a game, passing information from analytical data post match as follows for my team Barnet (passes in total regardless of completion, interception etc):
    Long passes: 115
    Medium passes: 147
    Short passes: 248
    Passing information as follows for opposition Chesterfield:
    Long passes: 99
    Medium passes: 152
    Short passes: 315

Some relevant (or not) tactic information for my team - 433 DM Wide formation, balanced mentality, team instructions set to much shorter passing, slightly lower tempo (standard setting), play out of defence, pass into space, counter when possession has been won, low block, no individual player instructions to pass more direct

Some good examples of an unwarranted long pass attempt is at 8.40 by Irvine, 18.17 by Scott, 23.29 by Labeau, 27.39 by Labeau, 32.12 by Buxton, 34.29 by Labeau, 36.29 by Buxton (blatantly the wrong choice), 60.04 by Irvine, 64.13 by Hastings, 67.16 by Irvine just to name a few
    Noteworthy: Seemingly every time a player gets a short pass from the keeper distributed from the goal kick he always kicks it long, opposition players are in general vicinity but not being pressed or under pressure 9 times out of 10 (another again at 39.54 by Labeau)

Unrelated but to note: goal at 11.44 of attached game the left back does not challenge for the header even while standing essentially inside the opposition player resulting in opposition goal

Chesterfield v Barnet.pkm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

We've made some changes in previous updates which we hope will have made this aspect of the ME better. Do let us know if you continue to encounter it.

1 minute ago, Kyle Brown said:

We've made some changes in previous updates which we hope will have made this aspect of the ME better. Do let us know if you continue to encounter it.

Hi Kyle -- I continue to experience this in the most recent Game Pass version, which I believe is 23.2.2.  I've submitted two PKMs with several incidents flagged in each here:

If more PKMs are necessary, they're easy enough to provide; this occurs frequently enough that I could submit multiple incidents per game, every game.

• Administrators

Apologies, I'll close this thread off and deal with the more recent one going forward. 

Thank you for the feedback regardless, I'll make sure the issue is bumped with the Match team.