• Long balls and defending issues

Josh P
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

There currently seems to be way too many goals in this version of the game. I’ve played 2 matches and seen 16 goals. I’ve also watched many others play and they also have massive amounts of goals.

this issue is compounded by defenders being unable to deal with any balls in behind (long or short). Defenders either step up to high, even with a low line, don’t challenge for headers despite being last man so they get turned for a 1v1, and get beaten to a ball in behind despite being 10 yards closer to the ball. They also don’t intercept through balls despite being so much closer and instead seem to jockey space until the attacker comes from much further back to take possession.

Goalkeepers also don’t seem to save much. Seems every half chance is a goal and they just don’t get anywhere near most shots regardless of angle etc.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've uploaded one. I've deleted the other save but I think all the issues are covered in the 5-5 draw I've uploaded under Josh Poole - TNS.fm

I think the goals at 105', 29' and 39' are the worst examples, although most of the goals highlight an issue with generally defending long balls. There were a few more moments I wanted to highlight that didn't end in goals but I can't find them on the highlights.

• Administrators

We've made some changes in previous updates which we hope will have made this aspect of the ME better. Do let us know if you continue to encounter it.