• IF/IW not cutting inside when they have the chance to do it

GOODNAME
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

IF/IW not cutting inside when they have the chance to do it 

I see a lot of my matches my IF/IW not cutting inside enough

Sometimes they doing it but its rare 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Right. We want to see more of the inside forward dribble and play inside, just like in real football. It was the worst in fm22, but 23 is similar. You can't see the players going inside like Zaha, Saka, Grealish, Salah.

• SI Staff

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. PKM's are always helpful to investigate an issue like this. If you can share any you have with us, and time stamps if possible so we can focus in on the issue that would be appreciated. A guide on how to do so is available here:  

1 hour ago, Michael Sant said:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. PKM's are always helpful to investigate an issue like this. If you can share any you have with us, and time stamps if possible so we can focus in on the issue that would be appreciated. A guide on how to do so is available here:  

Eintracht Frankfurt v Chelsea.pkm

47:08 Sterling just running wide instead of cuts inside

Everton v Chelsea.pkm

17:54 Sane can cut inside to his stronger foot but not doing it

48:02 Sterling can cut inside into his stronger food but instead he keep running

82:30 Sane is 1 on 1 against defender in the box and can dribble and cut inside but his pass it backwords

Liverpool v Arsenal.pkm

25:33 Salah has opportunity to dribble and cut inside but still running wide 

73:50 Salah running straight away to his right foot and have opportunity to cut inside 

Man Utd v Everton.pkm

46:00 Mcneil is 1 on 1 against defender and can dribble and cut inside and instead he running wide 

Liverpool v Newcastle.pkm

00:14 Diaz is 1 on 1 vs defender he can cut inside and choose running wide 

Good post about lack of dribbles :

csw4228

There is a significant error regarding the number of dribbles in the current game.

Right full-backs currently have the highest number of dribbles in all leagues in the game.

Nonsense. In fact, you can feel that the dribbling success rate of fullbacks is high in the in-game match engine.

I don't understand why wingers and strikers dribble less than fullbacks.

I think this problem is basically due to the lack of dribbling of the winger and striker.

4.PNG

3.PNG

2.PNG

1.PNG

I don't have the beta.

But I have seen more than 20 FM23 match videos and I can confirm that IF/IW dribble much less than they should. They rarely face the defender and, the few times they do, they tend to go wide or quickly look for the pass instead of continuing to drive the ball.

Definitely, players like Vinicius Jr are not recognized in FM23 who in real life constantly try to dribble and in the game they do it very occasionally and almost never to look for goal.

In FM22 it was already a problem... Please, it's time to solve it, it's a very important role. As soon as this is fixed I will be happy to buy the game again as I have since the first edition.

I have the same issue. 2 IFs on attack, they always run towards the edge of the area to cut back and try to get a pass off instead of going straight for goal.

The dribbling of the inside forward or inverted winger needs improvement.

In particular, players with excellent dribbling skills need to break through the opposing defenders.

It's hard to find in the current match engine, and he always avoids face-to-face matches against defenders and chooses passes.

5 hours ago, Choi seung won said:

The dribbling of the inside forward or inverted winger needs improvement.

In particular, players with excellent dribbling skills need to break through the opposing defenders.

It's hard to find in the current match engine, and he always avoids face-to-face matches against defenders and chooses passes.

Please provide here PKM's like i did in order them to try fix 

Seems like the issue carries on from FM22. 

My left footed IW on the right side should cut in on his stronger foot, try to take players on by dribbling inside maybe? No?

Instead all he does is run almost to the byline, then turn around and try to pass/cross from there. It's insane how players can't do something so basic and fundamental to football.
    He does actually cut in sometimes, but it's around the halfway line, and pretty much never in the final third/in front of the box. 

Players just don't seem to want to dribble past the opposition player, dribbling boils down to running around with the ball. There are no skill moves/tricks involved most of the time.

Edit: They only seem to cut inside when there's plenty of empty space. As soon as there's an opposition player, they suddenly act too scared to come near them, and instead choose to pass the ball. If the players weren't so scared of the opposition players, they would be willing to take them on and dribble past them. Sadly, it's not the case.

25:35 for example.

FK Voždovac v Red Star.pkm

Edited by (sic)

any info on this problem on the current match engine?

a lot of times it has been answered by si games than most of stats are trying to replicate with happens in real life, well in the image bellow u can see the dribbling stats from top 20 dribbling players in the current champions league.

top 1 is vinicious jr with 54 attempts, 23 successful with a % of success of 42.6, real madrid only has played 6 games in the current champions league (second image)

am not trying to annoy anyone by this, just backing up with data the dribbling absence of attacking gameplay in the current match engine, mainly because attacking players rarely attempt to dribble.

image.png.b5d23adbabd7ca99f5c89ae86ab40e9e.png

image.png.a3372b34d9931d21b74ecca7f2f17a16.png

sources:

top posession stats: https://fbref.com/en/comps/8/possession/Champions-League-Stats#stats_possession::15

vinicious jr stats from champion league: https://fbref.com/en/players/7111d552/matchlogs/2022-2023/c8/possession/Vinicius-Junior-Match-Logs

Edited by kertiek

I think the roles of inside forwards and inverted wingers are very important in modern football.

Currently in matchengine, as people say in forum feedback, he's actually playing closer to an attacking midfielder.

He is terrified of dribbling and always chooses backpass or crosses as his priority.

This problem must be fixed in the next patch.

1 hour ago, Choi seung won said:

I think the roles of inside forwards and inverted wingers are very important in modern football.

Currently in matchengine, as people say in forum feedback, he's actually playing closer to an attacking midfielder.

He is terrified of dribbling and always chooses backpass or crosses as his priority.

This problem must be fixed in the next patch.

I doubt it

They never fixed this in FM22 for a whole year... 

Just here to say that I have observed lack of dribbling and cutting inside from my IW as well, even if he is the best player of my team (Fekir) he barely did anything in all matches. I changed my tactic because of that and placed 3 attacked midfielders in the center instead and now he is playing accordingly to his level. But in the moment I place him back as IW (where he generally plays in Betis) he does nothing. I also tried changing instructions and tactics around him to make it work, but didn't succeed, so ultimately I am stuck with 3 center attacking midfielders.

I would very much appreciate some words of SI regarding this issue, if it can be solved and if it will be in any future patch.

• Administrators

On this front, the way our in-game stats are recorded aren't always in line with how real life are recorded, which yes admittedly isn't ideal. But does mean that direct comparisons between the game and RL in some areas isn't really viable.

Specific examples of where they should dribble and instead pass would of course be really helpful here. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

On this front, the way our in-game stats are recorded aren't always in line with how real life are recorded, which yes admittedly isn't ideal. But does mean that direct comparisons between the game and RL in some areas isn't really viable.

Specific examples of where they should dribble and instead pass would of course be really helpful here. 

Thanks. 

Hey Neil

Your team need more examples or what i posted in the 1st page is enough? 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Thanks. 

surely comparing stats from irl to stats from ingame in dribling its not a "fair" comparison since dribbling ingame its more like carrying the ball and not actually attempting to create a chance by feints/skills, but surely IRL stats can be taken in consideration in how often dribblers irl are attempting to win 1vs1 by feint/skills against defenders, which is the main complain on how wide attacking players very rarely do it ingame.

the fact that we see more often players from the fullback positions attempting feints/skills it shows that the mechanics for it is there, is just the roles inside forward and inverted wingers arent doing it.

• Administrators
    1 hour ago, GOODNAME said:

Hey Neil

Your team need more examples or what i posted in the 1st page is enough? 

Bit of a case of the more the merrier, especially if you see examples which you consider quite bad. 

• Administrators
    1 hour ago, kertiek said:

surely comparing stats from irl to stats from ingame in dribling its not a "fair" comparison since dribbling ingame its more like carrying the ball and not actually attempting to create a chance by feints/skills, but surely IRL stats can be taken in consideration in how often dribblers irl are attempting to win 1vs1 by feint/skills against defenders, which is the main complain on how wide attacking players very rarely do it ingame.

the fact that we see more often players from the fullback positions attempting feints/skills it shows that the mechanics for it is there, is just the roles inside forward and inverted wingers arent doing it.

Yeah appreciate what you're saying here, just wanted to add a bit of clarity on why the stats in-game wouldn't mirror up.