• Defending/Ghosting/Goalkeeping issues

wikifirelord
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hello! I am going to use this thread to provide all the little issues I have so far encountered with Match Engine ! 

The biggest one being that defending and goalkeeping is quite poor. I believe goalkeepers tend to the ground to quickly allowing the forward to move around them and put it in the net without any problems. This especially happens in the 16yard box when there is a large scuffle of players due to a corner/freekick/throw in etc. At other times when a forward is going forward instead of at least trying to do something to prevent the forward from scoring they just stand there watching as he places it in the net.

There is also seemingly issue with AI intelligence when it comes to defending from throw ins.  With the default throw in I have noticed that sometimes player with throw it to the first available player who will then fire towards the goalkeeper who will try to box it or catch it often neither will happen and it will fall to a striker who is fully open due to defenders thinking ball will be cleared.

Sometimes when a ball is fired from the back towards the forward players will move away or dont even try to do the last ditch challenge  on the forward which in return will allow him to go for the goal.

Also at time it seems that players also ghost or just pass trough another player. I have included screenshots and videos of all the issues mentioned as they happened. 

Throw in goal https://imgur.com/43mYU0W                         

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Do you have the PKM’s for these incidents? You’ll need to provide them for the devs to take a closer look at the issues you’ve raised. Helps them a lot. 

Gathered a couple of them. Including some things I had forgot to report all are listed and attached below

Ghosting : Man United v Chelsea 12th Minute
    Defenders and a DM not attempting to stop the forward : Nottingham Forest v Chelsea 57th minute
    Throw in to a random pass that turns in to a shot that turns in to a goal : Chelsea v Man City 1st Minute
    Goalkeeper going that valuable second early to the ground : Arsenal vs Chelsea 93th minute 
    Defenders doing unrealistic things : Arsenal vs Chelsea 65th minute Reece James tries to two foot Smith Rowe twice inside 10 seconds

Goalkeeper going to the ground too early : Chelsea v Leicester 92 minute
    Goalkeeper trying to pick up grass? : Chelsea v Brighton 92 minutes

Man Utd v Chelsea.pkm Nottingham Forest v Chelsea.pkm Chelsea v Man City.pkm Arsenal v Chelsea.pkm Chelsea v Leicester.pkm Brighton v Chelsea.pkm

• SI Staff

Thank you for providing the pkm's and time stamps. These are massively helpful for the QA team. They'll look into these further and see what we can find out.