• My save won't can't be loaded

G0Dz-PHoEniX
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Im on the Xbox edition and when I try to load my game it comes up with the save game could not be loaded. Is there any way to fix it?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks for flagging this with the team. Do you have access to a windows computer? If so, would it be possible to sync your save over to your computer? That way we can look into this for you. Below are some steps you can follow.

1) Launch FM22 Xbox Edition on Windows 10 and sign into your account (this will start to sync data across from the console)
    2) Once the title launches, load the affected file from the 'Load Game' or 'Load Last Game' dialog
    3) Once the save has loaded please minimize the game and go to the following: C:\Users\YOUR.NAME\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022 Xbox Edition\Temporary
    4) Within the Temporary folder you will find the save (please note that the save and information will disappear soon after opening)
    5) Copy the save file from the folder to another location (for example the desktop)
    6) Upload to our cloud service

I managed to figure it out and I've uploaded the file. The file name is

Dylan Phoenix - Southampton (v02) (v02) (v02) (v03) (v02) (v03) (v03) (v02) (v03) (v02) (v02) (v03)

How long will it take?

Edited by G0Dz-PHoEniX
    Forgot to put file name in post

This is the same error I have, this is trying to load game, xbox series x, xbox one or on phone, I can't even save 1 file no more, it's like it don't delete old saves from cloud so eventually it fills storage up on cloud server and you can no longer save game anymore, I have given up now until its fixed, let me add this was taken on my phone not xbox, my phone has over 300gb left storage, my xbox does same has plenty storage, it's just messed up 

Screenshot_20220116-025007_Game Pass.jpg

Edited by Painful agenda

19 hours ago, G0Dz-PHoEniX said:

I managed to figure it out and I've uploaded the file. The file name is

Dylan Phoenix - Southampton (v02) (v02) (v02) (v03) (v02) (v03) (v03) (v02) (v03) (v02) (v02) (v03)

How long will it take?

Thanks for providing this file - this is extremely helpful. This is now with the dev team who are going to investigate this issue for you. I wouldn't be able to provide a time estimate because at this time we are just about to investigate the issue. It would all depend on the complexity of the issue and then 'how big is a piece of string' comes to mind. I will however keep you up-to-date as soon as I know/have more info.

I understand this is frustrating and we appreciate your patience whilst we investigate the issue.

21 hours ago, Painful agenda said:

This is the same error I have, this is trying to load game, xbox series x, xbox one or on phone, I can't even save 1 file no more, it's like it don't delete old saves from cloud so eventually it fills storage up on cloud server and you can no longer save game anymore, I have given up now until its fixed, let me add this was taken on my phone not xbox, my phone has over 300gb left storage, my xbox does same has plenty storage, it's just messed up 

This seems like a slightly different error although it's producing the same outcome. Despite having room on your device(s), this all runs off the cloud, so you'll be running low on cloud storage space. Please take a look at your current saved games and remove some older save files which you no longer need/use. Unfortunately this is something that is out of our control and it may well crop up again once that cloud space is taken up.

You can also follow these steps too which may help.

1. Press the Guide button in the middle of the controller.

2. Scroll down to My Games & Apps.

3. Hover over the FM22 Xbox Edition game tile and press the Menu button.

4. Select Manage game & add-ons

5. Select Saved data

6. Select Delete All (this won’t delete your saves)

7. Launch FM

@G0Dz-PHoEniX when you click on the save on the load screen does the game info display for you like the image below? We've tested your save and none of this info displays. It as if the file has been corrupted some how.

image.png

Can you please provide us with information regarding your save? 

1) How many nations have you loaded?

2) What leagues are currently loaded?

3) Team you are managing?

4) How far into the save are you?

17 hours ago, G0Dz-PHoEniX said:

it's three file rolling auto saves.

Could you do us a favour and reupload your save? When trying to load your save on our end we couldn't see this information displayed so it looked like the save file was corrupt.

I'm having the same issue. All 3 of my rolling saves wont load on xbox or when synced to PC. I'm up to dec 2031 with 10 leagues active. Tried with a new game and can save and load ok.

On 19/01/2022 at 12:00, G0Dz-PHoEniX said:

Just uploaded the file.

Thank you so much for reuploading this. We've tried again and unfortunately got the same result. It seems like the file is corrupted. Once the file is corrupted we unfortunately can't do anything to rectify the file. 

We are currently investigating the issue to ensure this doesn't keep happening. 

1 hour ago, ojfishman said:

I'm having the same issue. All 3 of my rolling saves wont load on xbox or when synced to PC. I'm up to dec 2031 with 10 leagues active. Tried with a new game and can save and load ok.

Thanks for flagging this with the team. I assume as you've got 10 leagues loaded that you're playing on the Series X? Can you please let us know which leagues you've got loaded?

Can you also confirm what you last did within the save? Like did the game crash last time you played and next time you went to load it wouldn't work?

2 minutes ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Thanks for flagging this with the team. I assume as you've got 10 leagues loaded that you're playing on the Series X? Can you please let us know which leagues you've got loaded?

Can you also confirm what you last did within the save? Like did the game crash last time you played and next time you went to load it wouldn't work?

It's on my series S. I've got England France Germany Italy Spain Holland Norway Portugal Brasil and Argentina loaded. It didnt crash, I quit the game to try and get the store to load and then none of my saves will load. They are for 3 different dates and were loading before I quit out of the game. I'm managing Newcastle and England. 

2 hours ago, ojfishman said:

It's on my series S. I've got England France Germany Italy Spain Holland Norway Portugal Brasil and Argentina loaded. It didnt crash, I quit the game to try and get the store to load and then none of my saves will load. They are for 3 different dates and were loading before I quit out of the game. I'm managing Newcastle and England. 

Thank you very much for the additional information. 

1 hour ago, G0Dz-PHoEniX said:

Alright thank u. I'm quite gutted I've had the same since release day. 

We're really sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. We understand it's frustrating. 

On 20/01/2022 at 15:00, Desmond Richardson said:

Thank you very much for the additional information. 

We're really sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. We understand it's 

Can you tell me if this being looked at as an issue with the game or have my saves been corrupted somehow and are never going to load again?

On 23/01/2022 at 10:04, ojfishman said:

Can you tell me if this being looked at as an issue with the game or have my saves been corrupted somehow and are never going to load again?

The issue is still being investigated. If you can provide us with a saved game file then we can take a look at your individual case. We're currently trying to find out why this is happening to ensure it doesn't happen in the future. If a file has been corrupted we can't recover it.

1 hour ago, Desmond Richardson said:

The issue is still being investigated. If you can provide us with a saved game file then we can take a look at your individual case. We're currently trying to find out why this is happening to ensure it doesn't happen in the future. If a file has been corrupted we can't recover it.

I've uploaded my save file Owen Fisher - Newcastle 3.

3 hours ago, ojfishman said:

I've uploaded my save file Owen Fisher - Newcastle 3.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Everyone - please feel free to keep your file saves for the time being whilst we continue to investigate.

Did any of you guys get a fix on this? I have the same issue it seems there isn’t enough space on the cloud to go past where I am on mine. Just wondering if they play to increase the storage space? 

2 hours ago, NubWithPiee said:

Did any of you guys get a fix on this? I have the same issue it seems there isn’t enough space on the cloud to go past where I am on mine. Just wondering if they play to increase the storage space? 

If you are having the same issue as reported here there is no fix as of yet, but we will be in touch as soon as it's fixed.

You can also try the following steps. 

1. Press the Guide button in the middle of the controller.

2. Scroll down to My Games & Apps.

3. Hover over the FM22 Xbox Edition game tile and press the Menu button.

4. Select Manage game & add-ons

5. Select Saved data

6. Select Delete All (this won’t delete your saves)

7. Launch FM

This has been addressed within the Winter Update. Unfortunately, the fix is only compatible with the primary save. Any file variations (v02, v03, v04 etc) will still be affected. 

Hi, 

Just deleted my saved date, my FM22 Xbox Edition update is 22.4, I loaded the game tried loading my save but it didn't work. It says "The save game could not be loaded". Is there anything else I can do?