• Memory dangerously low

JordanVarley
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

When trying to continue after the summer transfer window the game bugs out and crashes and get the error messesge 'memory warning - dangerously low on memory - please quit and free up memory (will link a photo attachment).. I have done full reset of the console itself, uninstalled/reinstalled - freed up memory although have 400gb free on the series X atm.. I have seen fixes on how to get round it on pc but on the xbox you can't do some of those things. Any ideas? 

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Happens at the end of the summer transfer transfer where you get the summery of clubs expenditure etc etc.. when I try and continue the game freezes and get the error messege.. I reverted back to an older save a couple of months before but when I get to the game point it does the same error

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi

I am having the same issue as everyone else.

Is there a fix coming or is it still under investigation? The game is unplayable and there is no point starting a new save. 

Thanks

2 hours ago, Desmond Richardson said:

If you search for %localappdata% in the windows search bar and then navigate to Sports Interactive folder, you should see the Temporary folder. Please let me know if this works for you.

Will have a look tonight 👍

40 minutes ago, tictactock said:

Hi

I am having the same issue as everyone else.

Is there a fix coming or is it still under investigation? The game is unplayable and there is no point starting a new save. 

Thanks

We're still currently investigating this issue. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Just a quick update for everyone. We finally have a saved game that reproduces the issue. So it's currently being investigated and tested. If you still want to upload a saved game this will help - the more file saves we can test the better. 

I'll provide another update as soon as I've got news.

8 minutes ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Just a quick update for everyone. We finally have a saved game that reproduces the issue. So it's currently being investigated and tested. If you still want to upload a saved game this will help - the more file saves we can test the better. 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Desmond, fingers crossed for good news soon! 

16 minutes ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Good to hear @Desmond Richardson! Unfortunately would upload mine but my computer is still on the blink! Looking forward to getting back playing

D4B11F2D-98E3-432B-95FC-C4F55A7D6F3B.jpeg

20 hours ago, AdamBro2014 said:

Good to hear @Desmond Richardson! Unfortunately would upload mine but my computer is still on the blink! Looking forward to getting back playing

If you type run in your windows search bar. Then type in %localappdata% it should take you to the correct folders. 

Forum_Game_Save_Instructions.PNG

Just so you know, I had the same problem and resigned to see if it worked and it did, but I'm out of job after the windows transfer hahahaha I think that could give you a hint of what's going on.

hace 20 horas, Shikka07 dijo:

Just so you know, I had the same problem and resigned to see if it worked and it did, but I'm out of job after the windows transfer hahahaha I think that could give you a hint of what's going on.

Happens the same next year, I was lucky to have scheduled the save just after the market, that's a fix

Sooo... I’ve had this transfer window/specific date/memory low Crash now on three separate saves... the last one happened this evening ... I love FM and FM22 has been fun but it’s super frustrating now especially when I’ve spent irl money on these particular saves (Club finance boosts, board overrides)... However can’t fault SI staff for being extremely helpful and refunding some money when this first occurred... Hopefully gets fixed but heading back to FM21

I have just seen there is a new patch coming for the x box version. Will this fix the issue? I have read the notes but can't see that this issue has been resolved, unless it's under stability and crash fixes. 

Could you please clarify the situation regarding this bug or any updates? Also, when will the update be live on console?

Thanks 

Just downloaded and tried the update patch. Still no fix for me.  Really infuriating as it looks like I'm limited to 4/5 seasons games on FM, which completely limits the kind of game I can play (and kind of defeats the point of FM)  No taking a minnow into the Champions League.  No watching my youth strategy pay dividends. Hope they manage to get a fix out soon.

hace 42 minutos, MJonez dijo:

Just downloaded and tried the update patch. Still no fix for me.  Really infuriating as it looks like I'm limited to 4/5 seasons games on FM, which completely limits the kind of game I can play (and kind of defeats the point of FM)  No taking a minnow into the Champions League.  No watching my youth strategy pay dividends. Hope they manage to get a fix out soon.

I recommend saving the game one week before the next day after the windows transfer finishes, I'm already in 2035 like that, I set the saving for one week and I save the week before (if the market finishes on Saturday I save on Sunday) this works perfectly... Is not ideal I know but it works 

3 hours ago, Shikka07 said:

I recommend saving the game one week before the next day after the windows transfer finishes, I'm already in 2035 like that, I set the saving for one week and I save the week before (if the market finishes on Saturday I save on Sunday) this works perfectly... Is not ideal I know but it works 

Thanks. I'll give that a go! 

hace 2 horas, MJonez dijo:

Thanks. I'll give that a go! 

Just so it's clear, the game will close after it saves but when you open it up again you'll be able to continue

Ive got a way to get past it,  Rather than press Rt, click on top right pink "continue" button and spam "A" and it will skip the 1st and go straight to the 2nd, so you can keep playing.

@JordanVarley

Edited by Slimpickin

3 hours ago, Slimpickin said:

Ive got a way to get past it,  Rather than press Rt, click on top right pink "continue" button and spam "A" and it will skip the 1st and go straight to the 2nd, so you can keep playing.

@JordanVarley

Just tried this on the initial save which I had an issue with (why I commented) and it’s allowed me to continue the game, although not a bug fix - it works! Back to my journeyman save I go - Thanks for the info @Slimpickin

hace 5 minutos, Toughieee dijo:

Just tried this on the initial save which I had an issue with (why I commented) and it’s allowed me to continue the game, although not a bug fix - it works! Back to my journeyman save I go - Thanks for the info @Slimpickin

I tried pressing A a lot  and keeping it pressed but I think is just too fast and cannot do it, or what do you mean by "spam A" please I can't make it work

27 minutes ago, Shikka07 said:

I tried pressing A a lot  and keeping it pressed but I think is just too fast and cannot do it, or what do you mean by "spam A" please I can't make it work

I just pressed "A" on the continue button and then as the page loaded up the 1st i quickly pressed "A" over and over on the continue button and it slipped the day for me.

34 minutes ago, Toughieee said:

Can confirm that this also worked for me... until perhaps next transfer window...!? Back to my Palermo save with Lorenzo Lucca carrying my whole team to glory (until his release clause eventually screws me over)

hace 4 horas, Slimpickin dijo:

@JordanVarley

Bro you rule, I could finally do it

9 minutes ago, Ratty11 said:

What do you mean spam A ? Can’t seem to do it . On Xbox right ? 

Click ‘Continue’ button in the top right using the cursor (rather than RT button) then as soon as you’ve done that repeatedly press the A button over and over and it should click through and skipped onto the next day and continue your save 🤞🏼

Slimpickin you legend 😍 it worked !!  Sega have got nothing on you bro . Best man of the year award goes to …. 

Edited by Ratty11