• Memory dangerously low

JordanVarley
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

When trying to continue after the summer transfer window the game bugs out and crashes and get the error messesge 'memory warning - dangerously low on memory - please quit and free up memory (will link a photo attachment).. I have done full reset of the console itself, uninstalled/reinstalled - freed up memory although have 400gb free on the series X atm.. I have seen fixes on how to get round it on pc but on the xbox you can't do some of those things. Any ideas? 

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Happens at the end of the summer transfer transfer where you get the summery of clubs expenditure etc etc.. when I try and continue the game freezes and get the error messege.. I reverted back to an older save a couple of months before but when I get to the game point it does the same error

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi @JordanVarley,

Thanks for flagging this with the team. Do you have access to a windows computer? If so, would it be possible to sync your save over to your computer? That way we can look into this for you. Below are some steps you can follow.

1) Launch FM22 Xbox Edition on Windows 10 and sign into your account (this will start to sync data across from the console)
    2) Once the title launches, load the affected file from the 'Load Game' or 'Load Last Game' dialog
    3) Once the save has loaded please minimize the game and go to the following: C:\Users\YOUR.NAME\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022 Xbox Edition\Temporary
    4) Within the Temporary folder you will find the save (please note that the save and information will disappear soon after opening)
    5) Copy the save file from the folder to another location (for example the desktop)
    6) Upload to our cloud service

Alternatively, could you please provide us with the following information so we can try our best to replicate the scenario?

1) How many nations have you got selected?
    2) How many leagues do you have open?

@Desmond Richardson

Unfortunately I only have access to the xbox series X version of the game (no pc) - where is it I find this information on the xbox version?.. from what I remember as this is my first save it was very basic - didn't even click the advanced settings. Pretty sure it's just england - prem to league 2. 

20211117_173114.jpg

Edited by JordanVarley

I've got exactly the same issue with my save as Jordan, couldn't find anything else on the internet other than this thread. Hoping there's a patch that can be released or a workaround to resolve the issue like the PC instructions above. Initially encountered the problem when playing FM22 via cloud play on Xbox and thought it was an issue as cloud play is in beta...then opened my Xbox version of the game on the console itself and had the same issue. Screenshots attached. Cheers

Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 13.36.14.png

Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 14.31.51.png

• SI Staff

Hey @Toughieee, @stell93 and @rafa2798 sorry to hear that this issue is also impacting your saves as well. By chance do any of you also have access to a windows computer to reproduce the following to help us investigate further:

1) Launch FM22 Xbox Edition on Windows 10 and sign into your account (this will start to sync data across from the console)
    2) Once the title launches, load the affected file from the 'Load Game' or 'Load Last Game' dialog
    3) Once the save has loaded please minimize the game and go to the following: C:\Users\YOUR.NAME\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022 Xbox Edition\Temporary
    4) Within the Temporary folder you will find the save (please note that the save and information will disappear soon after opening)
    5) Copy the save file from the folder to another location (for example the desktop)
    6) Upload to our cloud service

13 minutes ago, Michael Sant said:

Hey @Toughieee, @stell93 and @rafa2798 sorry to hear that this issue is also impacting your saves as well. By chance do any of you also have access to a windows computer to reproduce the following to help us investigate further:

Unfortunately not, I’m a Mac user, sorry I can’t be more helpful!

Yep I have exactly the same issue on Xbox console. Spent a lot of time and effort to get to 31/08/28 summer transfer end to crash. V little info about this issue on internet but seems many have encountered it. You must know why this is happening - 

it’s clearly a game issue which needs a patch to fix. Too much time spent to just restart so w/o a fix I’m out of this game. What a disappointment as it’s a great game to play.

Please please fix it, fast and let us continue playing……

Hey @Toughieee, @stell93, @rafa2798 can you please try the following?

1. Press the Guide button in the middle of the controller.

2. Scroll down to My Games & Apps.

3. Hover over the FM22 Xbox Edition game tile and press the Menu button.

4. Select Manage game & add-ons

5. Select Saved data

6. Select Delete All (this won’t delete your saves)

7. Launch FM

Although I wasn't tagged I attempted the above - can confirm it doesn't delete saved files (had my worries) but same thing happens - 1st attempt it was a forced close with no pop up error messege - the 2nd time the above error messege as the above screenshots myself and others have put. 

Spoiler

Edited by JordanVarley

Thanks for the info unfortunately this didn’t work. Had x2 saved data files to delete one was 43.1mb and a reserved file at 50mb. Once deleted they returned after you relaunch the game (same size)

any other tips to try?

2 hours ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Hey @Toughieee, @stell93, @rafa2798 can you please try the following?

1. Press the Guide button in the middle of the controller.

2. Scroll down to My Games & Apps.

3. Hover over the FM22 Xbox Edition game tile and press the Menu button.

4. Select Manage game & add-ons

5. Select Saved data

6. Select Delete All (this won’t delete your saves)

7. Launch FM

Just tried these instructions and still got the same issue unfortunately :(

4 hours ago, JordanVarley said:

Although I wasn't tagged I attempted the above - can confirm it doesn't delete saved files (had my worries) but same thing happens - 1st attempt it was a forced close with no pop up error messege - the 2nd time the above error messege as the above screenshots myself and others have put. 

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry for missing you off the tag Jordan. 

Tried playing about with that a couple times myself etc deleting files, then turning off auto save. Both times I’ve hit the error on my two saves have been when I get to 2029 and it’s always just after transfer dead line day! Let me know if there’s any other info I can help with!  @Desmond Richardson

Edited by AdamBro2014
    Missed tagged

On 22/11/2021 at 21:06, AdamBro2014 said:

Tried playing about with that a couple times myself etc deleting files, then turning off auto save. Both times I’ve hit the error on my two saves have been when I get to 2029 and it’s always just after transfer dead line day! Let me know if there’s any other info I can help with!  @Desmond Richardson

Hey Adam. Do you have access to a PC? To try and resolve this issue we're trying to be able to access someone's saved game so we can test that specific save. 

On 24/11/2021 at 11:42, Desmond Richardson said:

Hey Adam. Do you have access to a PC? To try and resolve this issue we're trying to be able to access someone's saved game so we can test that specific save. 

@Desmond Richardson Yes I do, pretty low spec one but is it a case of following the steps you out above. Got 2 saves stuck on the same error message at the moment. Do you want me to do both?

@AdamBro2014 if you could provide us with both saves that would be fantastic as we can work on both and see if we can pinpoint the issue. Below are some steps to follow.

3 hours ago, Desmond Richardson said:

@AdamBro2014 if you could provide us with both saves that would be fantastic as we can work on both and see if we can pinpoint the issue. Below are some steps to follow.

@Desmond Richardson Had a play about with it tonight but having some issues cause of my PC, will have another getting them uploaded tomorrow 👍

@Desmond Richardson Whilst waiting for the issue to resolve I’ve started another save and encountered the same issue.

This time though I’ve had the game crash due to the same bug but managed to get past the date.

The save file with the game-breaking bag which I initially contacted you about is on the date 31st August and as soon as I load up the game, the only thing I can do is hit ‘Continue’ which sends me to 1st September and crashes my game.

This new save I’ve encountered the bug similarly in-game on 1st Sept 2026 and 1st Sept 2027 but have managed to get past the in-game date because the save game file it opens after crashing is from 2 days prior to the end of the transfer window rather than the final day of the transfer window…

Once I’ve read my in-game inbox each day in the run up to 1st Sept I manually saved the game every time.

I click ‘Continue’ after doing this and despite expecting to see the ‘memory dangerously low’ message, I’m pleasantly surprised as it jumps to 1st September and doesn’t crash.

I can’t obviously do this with my save I contacted you about as it’s on 31st August and saving before hitting ‘Continue’ does nothing.

It may be totally unrelated but seems strange that this workaround has successfully solved my issue two seasons running. If nothing else, hopefully it provides some insight into the processes and a potential solution for this game-breaking issue. Cheers

On 27/11/2021 at 09:12, AdamBro2014 said:

@Desmond Richardson Morning Desmond, not been able to find the temporary file? Any thing I’m missing??

If you search for %localappdata% in the windows search bar and then navigate to Sports Interactive folder, you should see the Temporary folder. Please let me know if this works for you.

On 26/11/2021 at 17:55, Toughieee said:

@Desmond Richardson Whilst waiting for the issue to resolve I’ve started another save and encountered the same issue.

This time though I’ve had the game crash due to the same bug but managed to get past the date.

The save file with the game-breaking bag which I initially contacted you about is on the date 31st August and as soon as I load up the game, the only thing I can do is hit ‘Continue’ which sends me to 1st September and crashes my game.

This new save I’ve encountered the bug similarly in-game on 1st Sept 2026 and 1st Sept 2027 but have managed to get past the in-game date because the save game file it opens after crashing is from 2 days prior to the end of the transfer window rather than the final day of the transfer window…

Once I’ve read my in-game inbox each day in the run up to 1st Sept I manually saved the game every time.

I click ‘Continue’ after doing this and despite expecting to see the ‘memory dangerously low’ message, I’m pleasantly surprised as it jumps to 1st September and doesn’t crash.

I can’t obviously do this with my save I contacted you about as it’s on 31st August and saving before hitting ‘Continue’ does nothing.

It may be totally unrelated but seems strange that this workaround has successfully solved my issue two seasons running. If nothing else, hopefully it provides some insight into the processes and a potential solution for this game-breaking issue. Cheers

Thank you very much for the additional information, This will be extremely useful for our team. Thank you so much for your help and patience during this time.