• Saving and processing bug

BeeAsh
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

There seems to be a point in this game where either saving or on the match processing page that the game just freezes or crashes which makes the whole game pointless. Shame as it a great game but an unplayable game is worthless.

tech support has copy and pasted a way to hopefully solve the issue but it has not. It’s an issue at their end and not the console.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

24th September 2024 is the season date of the last save.
    After this any save will cause a freeze or crash. I can turn the automatic save off and continue playing but I can only use instant results to progress through the game otherwise it will crash processing the match.

I have restarted, redownloaded the software, removed my memory card, checked for bugs etc but nothing changes.

Even tried short “go on holiday” breaks to hopefully bypass but no luck. 

I have 5 nations running, England, Spain, Germany, Brazil and Italy running and I’m managing Barnet if that helps.

The pink loading bar when the game saves or processes will always freeze around the 90% mark.

I have the same issue on Switch.

After 27 Aug 2022 I cannot save or play a fixture without the game crashing.

Playing in the English National League (was promoted from NL South last season) with all leagues loaded in England, Spain, italy, France and Germany.

Game is now unplayable.

Emailed support and after a first reply have heard nothing back in over a week.

Thank you so much for your patience. This is still being investigated by our dedicated bugs team, as soon as we have an update on this issue I will be in touch. I do however understand this is incredibly frustrating - thanks for sticking by us. 

Hello all,

I don't know if my problem is helpful here, but I didn't want to open a new post.

I played with Hertha BSC and the game crashed three times until 2030. When I restarted the game, however, I was still able to continue playing without any problems each time. In April 2030 the game crashed a fourth time and since then I can't load the save at all. It seems to be completely destroyed.

I had started the game with Germany, England, Spain, Italy and France.

Is there a general possibility of submitting a Nintendo Switch save game? If so, how does that work?

best regards,

Timo

You done well to get to 2030, a lot of us can’t get past 2023.

Me personally, I’m just hoping there is an update soon which solves the issue, and from what I read on twitter etc is it’s very common problem.

Regarding the save, I had the same issue as well where it just wouldn’t load and then just disappeared completely. Do you have any saves which are loadable on memory card?

I also had a save that I lost completely, crashed in the second season and then was completely gone.

My current save it staying at least after each crash.

This is a genuinely catastrophic bug, the game cannot have been tested properly on Switch.

Hi guys.

My game wont even start anymore on switch after the crash, but I know it is because of the save file. When I start Fm 22 on another switch profile, it does start and gives you the regular start up screen.

Do you think it has to do with the size of the save file? Because of the new system which makes you load 5 countries at once? 

2 questions:

- do you guys think that my crashed save is permanently lost? Then I will delete it so I can at least boot up te game again.

- do you think the game has less chance of crashing if you only load 3 countries like before? I kinda want to try that, but im reluctant to delete my previous save as I was really enjoying it and I am scared to get invested in a new save again with the risk of it crashing.

Any of you guys tried this?

Greetings from Holland

I haven’t tried with just three leagues, but in previous editions  with just 3 leagues this problem never existed so could work….

Only once there is an update will you know if your save is lost, that’s why I always have 2 saves a month apart just in case one disappears like I’ve had in fm22.

I know it’s really frustrating after investing time into it, fingers crossed they fix it.

Thanks for the response!

I will create a separate account on my switch and start again with 3 leagues. Very curious what will happen

As for the multiple saves: clever and will do that in the future 😅

Hey everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience in recent weeks. Can you please download the latest update and try again? Please let me know ASAP if you encounter any issues and we'll get this investigated. Really appreciate all your help and support to get this fixed.