• Mid-match tactical changes do not save if you change tab

ElliottMS
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

I have found that when changing tactics, if I change settings on more than one tab (by tab I mean Formation & Substitutions, Tactical Shape, Defensive Instructions, Attacking Instructions), it only saves the changes I made to the last tab before I save changes.

Of course, if you hit save changes it takes you back into the match meaning I haven't made all the changes I wanted to make.

For example in the match I am currently playing when typing this, I went to Tactical Shape to go overload as I was losing, then went back to the Formation & Substitutions to make some subs. Then I went back to Tactical Shape and it had not saved my selection of overload, instead reverting to control which I had it on before I tried to change tactics.

I've noticed the same thing happen on many matches across all the options, e.g. changing player roles or passing type.

The only thing that seems to hold are substitutions.

I am using a Motorola moto g(9) play, so Android.

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Play a match, change tactics during match

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

11 hours ago, Ewan Aiton said:

Hello. Would you be able to upload your save again please? This save doesn't seem to have uploaded properly.

Hi Ewan

I've tried it again, its not the same file as before as I saved over it, but its the same career and issue continues.

The email I have sent in following the report says the save game file is:

9DE6CC4A-39AF-49C0-A4C3-1A9D663635A8

Many thanks

Further to this, I've noticed that if you bravely plough on with your changes and don't look back it seems to save them as you want, but if you go back, the changes are back to how they were.

I wonder if its just an issue that the game is saving your settings when you change tab, only when you confirm, so if you go back on the previous tab it looks like it hasn't saved your changes.

• SI Staff

Hello again Elliott. Can I ask how are you uploading the save files to us? Are you using the in-game issue reporting system or are you using the uploading method we link to at the top of the Bug Tracker Forum?

1 hour ago, Ewan Aiton said:

Hello again Elliott. Can I ask how are you uploading the save files to us? Are you using the in-game issue reporting system or are you using the uploading method we link to at the top of the Bug Tracker Forum?

Hi Ewan, I've been using the in-game error reporting method which lets me pick a saved game. It seems to suggest it was successful but I guess not. I'll try the other method in your link.

1 hour ago, Ewan Aiton said:

I've uploaded it as ElliottMS_save_bugreport1

@Ewan Aiton

Hi Ewan. I've had an email from Nadim at Sega Support, but addressed to 'Ewan', and I wondered if that was anything to do with this? I've copied it below:

Dear Ewan,

Thank you for contacting SEGA Support.

Thank you for reporting this to us. We are currently investigating the issue.

If you come across any further issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards,

Nadim

SEGA Support

If I've ever knowingly used Sega Support it isn't recently, and they've addressed it to 'Ewan' which is what makes me think it is linked to this. Please can you confirm?

• SI Staff

Hi Elliott, I've taken a look at your save and have been unsuccessful in reproducing the bug. 

May I ask if you're on version 13.1 of the game, and if so is it still producing?

Thanks

Joth

Hi Jotham

Yes it is still present after the latest update. That's strange you can't reproduce it. Could it be something specific to my device then?

To confirm, I think when it happens is if you change settings on the default screen, go to another screen make some changes then go back, it doesn't save what you changed. When you change settings of course it asks you to confirm when you press continue but when this bug appears that doesn't happen. 

• SI Staff
    27 minutes ago, ElliottMS said:

Hi Jotham

Yes it is still present after the latest update. That's strange you can't reproduce it. Could it be something specific to my device then?

To confirm, I think when it happens is if you change settings on the default screen, go to another screen make some changes then go back, it doesn't save what you changed. When you change settings of course it asks you to confirm when you press continue but when this bug appears that doesn't happen. 

Hi, would you be able to provide a screen recording of this? We're still unable to reproduce it. 

Thanks,

Joth

3 hours ago, Jotham Taylor said:

Hi, would you be able to provide a screen recording of this? We're still unable to reproduce it. 

Thanks,

Joth

If I can work out how to do a screen recording, sure.

• SI Staff
    On 08/12/2021 at 14:10, ElliottMS said:

@Ewan Aiton

Hi Ewan. I've had an email from Nadim at Sega Support, but addressed to 'Ewan', and I wondered if that was anything to do with this? I've copied it below:

Dear Ewan,

Thank you for contacting SEGA Support.

Thank you for reporting this to us. We are currently investigating the issue.

If you come across any further issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards,

Nadim

SEGA Support

If I've ever knowingly used Sega Support it isn't recently, and they've addressed it to 'Ewan' which is what makes me think it is linked to this. Please can you confirm?

Hi Elliot. This one is just a typo. This message was intended for you.

2 hours ago, Ewan Aiton said:

Hi Elliot. This one is just a typo. This message was intended for you.

Ok thanks, I'll have to take a look later. I've not done the recording yet but not forgotten.

Edited by ElliottMS
    Spelling mistake

• SI Staff

Hi Elliot. With regards to a screen recording after a quick search your device does have a screen recorder build-in accessible from the the settings shelf when you swipe down from the top of the screen.