• Live Updates

CJ_Randell
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

There seems to be no option to select which starting database you want to use as there was in previous versions. 

You're stuck with 'live updates' so Newcastle start with Eddie Howe as boss and Rangnick is an Man Utd. 

I prefer to start my games with the oldest data as this is most accurate to when the season started. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Thanks for raising this. This option will be available once we release a full database update. All previous database updates for FMM22 have been to correct errors thus far. 

20 hours ago, passenger58 said:

Isn't this and FM PC issue rather than FMM?

Don't think so - I think it's FMM. The way FMM has worked for the last X years (as long as I can remember) is for the first 4 months you don't get a choice at all. Then around March they release the 'Winter' update. Once that happens you get to choose whether you want the November (original) database or the March (winter) database each time you start the game. 

2 hours ago, StephenCronin said:

Don't think so - I think it's FMM. The way FMM has worked for the last X years (as long as I can remember) is for the first 4 months you don't get a choice at all. Then around March they release the 'Winter' update. Once that happens you get to choose whether you want the November (original) database or the March (winter) database each time you start the game. 

I remember the database options from previous versions but the OP talks about 'live updates'. I don't think we have that in FMM, do we? 

29 minutes ago, passenger58 said:

I remember the database options from previous versions but the OP talks about 'live updates'. I don't think we have that in FMM, do we? 

No, there's no live updates as far as I know, but they do update the database occasionally. For eg, the first few versions of FMM22 used version 2219 of the database, but one of the patches updated us to version 2220. I don't know whether Eddie Howe or Ragnik were added to their clubs at that point or not. Maybe?

But there's no way to choose 2219 anymore, it's gone forever. When we do get the choice of November or March, November will just be the last version we were on before the winter update is released... At least that's the way it's been in previous versions.

On 22/01/2022 at 15:23, StephenCronin said:

No, there's no live updates as far as I know, but they do update the database occasionally. For eg, the first few versions of FMM22 used version 2219 of the database, but one of the patches updated us to version 2220. I don't know whether Eddie Howe or Ragnik were added to their clubs at that point or not. Maybe?

But there's no way to choose 2219 anymore, it's gone forever. When we do get the choice of November or March, November will just be the last version we were on before the winter update is released... At least that's the way it's been in previous versions.

There's definitely some updating going on. When the game was released Derby were on -12 but now they have -21. 

The database is not exactly as it was in release day. 

2 hours ago, CJ_Randell said:

There's definitely some updating going on. When the game was released Derby were on -12 but now they have -21. 

The database is not exactly as it was in release day. 

Yeah, the release day version was using database version 2219, but now we're on version 2220. I guess those things changed in that update.