• Unable to negotiate with player who is "doubtful" about starting negotiations

SidT07
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

Hello,

In the FM22 full game, when trying to negotiate with a player who is doubtful about your club, the negotiation does not seem to move beyond the promises screen. See video about the issue. The agent keeps trying to negotiate asking for the next offer to be better despite no way to improve the offer, and finally rejects. I could do this fine with 2 players who were willing to join the club.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hi @SidT07,

Looking at the video, the agent is prompting you to offer promises that will convince his client to enter talks.

Without a save I can't say for sure but likely wanting promises linked to future club objectives (winning the league), big pay rises, playing in preferred role and/or strengthening the squad. 

image.png.1539342ededf147de7a416533447555b.png

Thanks,
    Dan

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for the reply. However, it seems despite giving every possible promise, the agent refuses to continue negotiations.

Refer the following attachments on ownCloud for a different player scenario:

Uploaded files

• Doubtful_player_negotiations_Round2.mp4
    • Sid Mahashay - Mainz 05_FULLGAME.fm

On offering Puig every relevant promise, the agent mentions that the issue he has is that Puig doesn't want to be captain. Even after removing that and improving the immediate playing time to "Star player", the agent says its not an acceptably improved offer.

In such scenarios, it would be better if the agent simply refused to start negotiations. I have uploaded the game file as well for you to try it.

Thank you.

Hello @SidT07, just to update you on this - it's something that we'll try to communicate better in-game.

Currently the agents wants promises, but what he should do instead is telling you that he isn't so interested in general to negotiate with you on a Bosman (at least not straight away in January). Players will naturally be more willing to negotiate on a free transfer when it's more near the end of the contract (the point being, if you're not willing to buy them outright, they prefer to wait out to gather more interest and choose from the best possible team they can sign for). 

I hope this makes it more clear - we'll be addressing the agent phrasing in the future :)

Kind regards,

Vik