• Pre-contract agreed with a player who then gets sold for previous release fee.

lewcal
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Hi,

I think I have encountered an unintended interaction here. I had agreed a contract with a player in my squad which had a start date at the start of the next season. In this time a club bid for said player at the release fee in his current (not new) contract and was accepted. Here I thought the deal would fail as he has already agreed to sign a new contract with me. Even on the contract offer page it says I cannot offer a new contract as it says the player has already accepted a contract offer from the club. The player accepts their terms and joins a new club. 

Here I think the right behaviour is the player should not be available having already agreed to sign a new contract. I've attached two saves before the player moves and after the player has signed for the new club. The player is Paz and moves from Heerenveen to Aston Villa. Sadly I do not have a save before he signed the new pre-contract if that is needed.

Cheers.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

This has been raised before but we believe it be working as intended - it's supposed to happen like that.

I'll flag to the team in any case to be sure. :) 

Ah I see. If that is the case, is it possible to have a change/withdraw contract offer if a player has pre-agreed a contract? At the moment it is impossible to renegotiate the contract pre-agreed if another club swoops in for them. I would assume a player irl would be open to new contract negotiations if a club came in with an offer.

Cheers 

• Administrators

It's not in the game like that, but I've asked the team to investigate that for future versions.

Definitely see where you're coming from, but my worry is that it happens so little in reality that we don't have much precedence.