• Mass Retirement of Players and Staff

thecaveman
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

June 30th 2028 about 100 Players and Staff all decided to retire including members of my First Team who where under 23. File uploaded - Sampdoria Mass Retirement

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Progress game to June 30th and receive 101 emails regarding sudden retirements.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

And to top it all off I got sacked after winning Serie A because Sampdoria go relegated????. Saw a similar thing reported by a Millwall manager in general discussions a while ago

Edited by thecaveman

• SI Staff

We have identified an issue where your active league is becoming set to inactive at the end of the season - which then results in this happening.

Have you made any changes to the playable leagues in your game this season? Are there any other major changes you can think of that you may have made?

Additionally, do you have any earlier save games from that season? As we're trying to identify where or when this happens.

On 13/03/2022 at 22:03, Michael Sant said:

We have identified an issue where your active league is becoming set to inactive at the end of the season - which then results in this happening.

Have you made any changes to the playable leagues in your game this season? Are there any other major changes you can think of that you may have made?

Additionally, do you have any earlier save games from that season? As we're trying to identify where or when this happens.

FYI, read below

On 14/03/2022 at 19:23, thecaveman said:

No earlier save unfortunately and no major changes were made. Hope you find the cause as I was really enjoying the save.

Hey bro, I had the same issue yesterday. I was about to start the pre-season in July 2024 and all my staff retired and I was shacked after have won two trophies. After that, I can apply for a job in any club from Spain (where I was working) but I could request jobs in any other leagues. Then I realized that back in pre-season 2023 I tried to add the 4th spanish division to the game and that seems to be the issue. Spanish leagues were not "playable" anymore on the "add/remove leagues" menu, they were greyed out .

Basically, after many try&error, I confirmed all the spanish leagues were totally removed on 9th July on the "add/remove leagues" menu. On 10th, the day that I suppose to start the pre-season, all the staff resign and I'm shacked. 

this is what I did: I load a saved game on 30th June 2024, I navigate to "add/remove leagues" menu, I removed 2nd and 3rd spanish divisions and I added them again. By doing this, I can make the spanish leagues "playable" again. I'm able then to progress to  July  11 and all everything is fine, no one quit and I was able to start the trainings, etc.

Hope this help. (My menus are in spanish, maybe in english they have different names)

@aupayo

Thanks for the suggested workaround. Unfortunately my only save file is after the bug sets Serie A to be removed. I tried to remove the Serie B and add it again but it is to late to save this career. I have a transition save ( a save I use in 2027 to add a new manager and play with mostly regens) that I will load up to take on Sampdoria again.

Without an old enough earlier save, using the in-game editor one solution is to move yourself to another club in another league the day before the switch happens, remove and re-add the leagues from there, and then move yourself back to your original team a day later.