• ***KNOWN ISSUE*** Player Attribute Knowledge Resets After Trial Completes

LastSon
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Once players leave the team from trial their attributes immediately reset to scouting knowledge. In past games knowledge decays over time. I'm not sure if this is a new change so wanted to bring it to someone's attention.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 10/11/2021 at 08:19, Daniel Wells said:

Thanks for posting @LastSon

This is an issue that is under review by the development team. 

Cheers,
    Dan

Is this linked to it / known.

Took this player on trial. 

He returned to the parent club and gets a second line in the history for the same season

image.png.32109812e51c8adefc6f3c72682ffef2.png

• SI Staff
    12 hours ago, batch said:

Is this linked to it / known.

Took this player on trial. 

He returned to the parent club and gets a second line in the history for the same season

image.png.32109812e51c8adefc6f3c72682ffef2.png

Hi @batch
    Thanks for posting. Yeah we have something similar with the dev team for review.
    Thanks,
    Dan

Hi @Daniel Wells

Any update on when this is solved? Would love to start a LLM-game, where you didn't have much funds. So, I have to spend them right and compare all the trial-players.. Now I'm still waiting for 2,5 week :).

I concur here... 

Can we please get an update on this bug? I had hoped the patch cleared the issue, but it has not been fixed up until today.

I play this game almost exclusively as a 'build a club' or 'Journeyman' fashion, so that the bug seriously ruins the fun I know I could have with the game.

Edited by Arjan S

• Administrators

I'm afraid the lack of update on this thread is just down to the fact there hasn't been one to give. 

All I can say is that this was an issue that was brought up on many occasions on the forums, so we have treated it internally as a priority and it's been through all the proper channels as quick as it can.

I am genuinely really sorry about this issue and can only thank you for your patience so far, I'm not at liberty to discuss an exact update day but please just hold out a little longer and we'll have it resolved for you.

Kyle, many thanks for your post. We still hope you could solve this soon, got the game for a month now but still not able to play a LLM game. Hopefully got some good news soon :)

Knowledge about the attributes seem to stay now. BUT: After the trial runs out, it STILL says "Unknown" in the "Ability" and "Potential" column. So basically the knowledge about attributes stays, but there isn't any scouting report on the player.

Both in existing saves and in a new save this issue isn't resolved for me.

6 hours ago, HitmanEyE said:

Knowledge about the attributes seem to stay now. BUT: After the trial runs out, it STILL says "Unknown" in the "Ability" and "Potential" column. So basically the knowledge about attributes stays, but there isn't any scouting report on the player.

Both in existing saves and in a new save this issue isn't resolved for me.

Agree, that is how it is for me as well. Also not showing up in the Scouted section of the Scouting Center.
    It is a bit annoying, but so far a LOT more workable and fun than before.

Edited by Arjan S

So I have players coming in to trial and after 100% attributes are known, leave again because I have no need for them.

Then I try to find them back in the player search, scouted or even discard listings... cannot find them.

Only in 'recent'  they are trace-able.

In first instant it looked like the system was workable, but I am loosing a bit of faith in that statement myself...

vor 34 Minuten schrieb Arjan S:

So I have players coming in to trial and after 100% attributes are known, leave again because I have no need for them.

Then I try to find them back in the player search, scouted or even discard listings... cannot find them.

Only in 'recent'  they are trace-able.

In first instant it looked like the system was workable, but I am loosing a bit of faith in that statement myself...

Yup, same issue. Added on top of that missing scout report.

At the request of @b2khnsome additional information. For additional information please him tag him. I am merely the messenger in this case:

Message below

=============================================================================================================================================================================================

The thing is now fixed, so the knowledge is not lost, after the trail, but there are still no scouting reports for players that are scouted 100%, aka no star rating for players leaving your trails with 100% knowledge retaining.

That is broken, i want to be able to see right away, like in fm21. Player has finished trail/trail terminated, how many stars (for a broad overview on the players skills).

The way this release is going, is very bad. Scouting/recruiting is a must have in a release, but is still not working.
    In the patch notes, it was said (paraphrasing) "Player knowledge after trail not lost so quick" as if it were working. It should have said something like, "trails now kind of working, but not really."

So in the picture below, you can see an example of a player, that has left the trail. He is known 98% but, still has not a scouting report.

The little progress bar is still very ugly and little. (Why not make it bigger and more beautiful)
    On the side where his scouting report should be, there is even a number (98%), but it is still very little and ugly.
    (Again, why not big and beautiful?)

So why don't you just replace all the little progress bars with numbers? Make them big enough for users to read and as a little extra, show us the flapping Scoutreports, if a players is scouted to 100% and then looses 2 %, so he is still know 98%?

Iam kind of emotionally involved in this game, and will flag every little piece of issue, that i see,  for you for free, but I do want some honesty and progress on the playability and UX.

PLS FIX. THANX

4.png

5.png

6.png

I don't even know if SI has recognized it. I dare to believe, that they did not understand my english or it was not the right way to post it. Maybe they need some sugar.

The lack of recognition or communication altogether by now is strange indeed, taking into account they have already tested and looked into the trialing/scouting issue for this first fix they released. My speculation would be they have been trying these changes as a way of "nerfing" trials and they are testing the waters and see how much complaining/misunderstanding there is. If these changes are a way of "nerfing" them or make them more realistic* somehow, I could come to terms with that, but I think getting some clarification from SI here would be very helpful.

*I've read some people interpreting the loss of scouting knowledge since the game release as: the scouting team is trashing the report after the player leaves because, if the club has not hired him by the end of the trial or terminates the trial, there is clearly not an interest or something along those lines. I struggle to believe this is a thing in football but maybe they've asked around and this is how some clubs operate, I don't know.

• Administrators

To confirm, we aren't testing the waters or gauging reaction by deliberately not addressing something. We have never and would never operate in that way. It's in complete bad faith to the users. 

We released a fix for the original issue regarding the termination of trials, but following the rollout it unfortunately did have the knock on affect to the scouting report item (or lack thereof). 

This thread is a part of the investigation, and all feedback or new issues stemming from the original is monitored and being actioned. 

We don't want it to drag on, and we are working to ensure it's resolved as quickly as possible. I'm afraid I can't give a timeframe for that though as it would would put added pressure on our development team. 

We may not respond to this thread with every new comment, but it's more so because we don't have an update to give - rather than we simply choose to ignore you. 

For new issues, the best way to get our attention is by creating a separate post. 

I realise this response isn't exactly what everybody was wanting to hear, but I do hope it's provided a bit more transparency. 

@Kyle BrownThanks Kyle for taking the time to clear that up. Glad to hear that SI would be open about purposefully making such changes to gameplay, as I also think it'd be a bit of bad faith, specially since the change in question is not an "under the hood"/reveal the recipe kind of change (which I can understand being a bit more secretive about those).

It's a bit frustrating that this bug went unnoticed before releasing the patch but I understand knock on effects happen and that there are several fixes being worked on simultaneously. Looking forward to a future update that hopefully puts these issues to rest.

@Kyle Brown Thanks for this update, hope you could solve it really fast. We are now in a new lockdown here (Netherlands), just wants to start a LLM game and that is not possible for me because of the style I play: lots of scouting reports/trial players. 

It would be a very nice Christmas gift if you could fix it, game is now out for so long and still no fix. Good luck!

7 hours ago, Markuss said:

@Kyle Brown Thanks for this update, hope you could solve it really fast. We are now in a new lockdown here (Netherlands), just wants to start a LLM game and that is not possible for me because of the style I play: lots of scouting reports/trial players. 

It would be a very nice Christmas gift if you could fix it, game is now out for so long and still no fix. Good luck!

I'm afraid we are not getting a fix for a while...

What a horrible news. This is, for me, the first time CM/FM really let me down to play a save. Since CM 01/02 always enjoyed it, but now without LLM I couldn't find any challenge in this game. It's always so satisfying to build on a small town club. Each year tons of trial players to decide which one fits the best in the team, also financial. 

It's almost January, another lockdown and no FM: life's sad ;)