• Director of Football not signing any non-Liechtensteiner players as FC Vaduz

liamwpk
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hi,

This might be a strange/difficult one to explain, and I am not sure if it is meant for this forum but so far I can only really reproduce this with FC Vaduz. The database I am using is an edited one but this is only to update some transfers and manager movements. I have also tested this on the default database and it produced the same results.

Due to lack of time I tend to play my games with a Director of Football that looks after most activities such as transfers. I chose FC Vaduz and I am at the end of the second season. The first season I won the second division and then I finished second in the second year (to give context on reputation within the country). I know in their club vision they have a preference to sign Liechtensteiner players, however, when transfers are given assigned to the Director of Football, it appears they will not sign or suggest any non-Liechenteiner players - and this is not a behaviour I have seen elsewhere. I can of course sign a variety of different players manually, and this is what I have had to do to fill the squad.

At the end of the second season, the Director of Football has signed one player and that was a reserve player in the first season. On a slightly different view, there are only four players, all Liechtensteiner, when I select "Suggest Transfer Targets" and click through each available position, which suggests to me that there is a very limited pool of players that the AI recognises as signable. My expectation would be that any age, any nationality could be shown here. Also I would expect having been in the second division for the first season, that the Director of Football might attempt to loan in some cheaper, young players to improve the squad.

image.png.cf8487963d277843b6be9f20f224cc09.png

I have tried with Servette FC on the same date at the end of the season, who also have a couple transfer preferences of nationalities (i.e. French or Swiss) and there are a whole range of players available that the Director of Football suggests, so it does not seem to restrict them, and this fits my expectation of what FC Vaduz should see.

image.png.8cb15dfd78be17d7bb75128ecc5529ab.png

I tried a further test where I started a new game with FC Vaduz with the default dabatase, and gave them a sugar daddy with £100mil finance and transfer budget etc. My expectation here would be that they would sign players and splash the cash around in the first transfer window, but no signings were made at all. In the January window, I gave the team 10000 reputation so that it should be able to attract most players in the world. Again, no non-Liechensteiner signings were made and no transfer suggestions were made when clicking "Suggest Transfer Targets". I went on holiday through three seasons with the increased reputation and finances and still only Liechensteiner players were signed, and as you can see below a total of three transfers were made. If I go onto the scouting page then these are all the top players that have an interest in signing, sorted by current ability.

image.png.f568ee090e530aed3cdd7d7a04cde853.png

image.png.9ba9bbd0e6deb848086367a4c18740a8.png

image.png.0125335b0f5a0f6cc05d3c57d1024f3e.png

Bernd Lorenz is a Liechtensteiner newgen.

image.thumb.png.08d9160f41e4b9c8b840cbe45f24ed8b.png

Possibly thoughts?

This whole experience could be hyperbole but I find it very strange that no transfers are seemingly made or very few players are available to sign by the Director of Football. Like I say, I can manually sign many players available, it's just that if the Director of Football is left with the transfers then they make none. Is the President somehow influencing the behaviour? Is the fact FC Vaduz are based in Liechtenstein limiting the players available because nobody wants to move there? Are the league registrations somehow impacting the behaviour where they choose not to sign anyone because they think they cannot be registered? Is there some sort of background coding that prevents FC Vaduz from signing players - although this behaviour is different compared to Atletic Bilbao, Altinordu, Chertanovo etc.

My final thought is that the staff responsibilities are not working correctly as I do not think I have ever signed a "first team" deemed player through the Director of Football, as they have always been U21/youth players being signed.

image.png.dac7f2001413831fe0f9fc86323c924e.png

I have uploaded my save game where I went on holiday for three seasons with inflated money and reputation. Take a look at the "Suggest Transfer Targets" screen for its behaviour.

FM21

One final thing I will say is that I do not recall this happening in FM21. Below is a snippet from FM21 with the first season transfers and as you can see there are no issues with the behaviour there, as well as making use of the loan market.

image.png.e51ed220a738d79244ab79e334a3c4e4.png

• Steps To Reproduce:
      1. Load up the Swiss league and select FC Vaduz
      2. Either hire your own DoF or use the existing and have them responsible for all transfers
      3. Either play it through the season or go on holiday
      4. One or very few signings would be made and they appear to only be Liechtensteiner nationality players
      5. No players will be suggested on the "Suggest Transfer Targets" option which suggests there is a limited pool of players that are available to the AI

User Feedback

Recommended Comments