• Updating European Cups Competitions

Alvios73
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hi, I have a big issu...  when I try to update the European cups for next season. Example when I want to change Man Utd's place in favor of Tottenham, he doesn't replace Man Utd with Tottenham, but adds a new line. The strange thing is that in the total calculation of the clubs present in the Champions League, 78 remains (like the original).

Anyone with the same problem?

Thx

Alvios

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

We've got this under investigation.

In the mean time, could you try the same thing, but instead of swapping the teams over, remove the original team, and add a new entry with the new team. 

Could you let us know if that helps at all?

11 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

We've got this under investigation.

In the mean time, could you try the same thing, but instead of swapping the teams over, remove the original team, and add a new entry with the new team. 

Could you let us know if that helps at all?

[Edited to explain better]

When I did this with the Champions League and Europa League, the Champions League was fine, but an extra, blank entry appeared after doing the same with the Europa League, while you can't even add an entry for 2021 in the Europa Conference League when you do the same.

I have attached two screenshots from me going into a blank editor data file showing me filling in an entry for West Ham for 2021 and then when I click on Union Berlin below to show the year disappearing.
    image.thumb.png.bc0ae821d70ed1e9d1264629d2e8e678.pngimage.thumb.png.b5645032a06316eca1673830b32446ec.png

Edited by MarcPTFC
    Clarification and added images.

@MarcPTFC can you please try the following for us?

Can you head to the following location and copy the files in this folder to a separate folder on your machine? (we want to keep these files safe...will explain in a second) C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2022\Caches

Once the files have been copied and they're safe. Can you please delete them from: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2022\Caches

Please can you then see if this fixes the issue? If it does, can you please send those files you copied for safe keeping over to us so we can try and fix it?

Any questions don't hesitate to ask.

I fear that this has now started to affect player histories too now, I've just been editing Jake Hastie's career history and the exact same issue of trying to add a line that then disappears.

I am trying to add in his loan spell at Linfield in the line marked 1900, with the idea I will change the year to 2020, so it will go to the bottom, but when I do, it changes the 2014 line with Motherwell.

I think your entire database might be broken.

image.thumb.png.f31acc4dfe6b69de7e755d87c6b9af8a.png

On 23/06/2022 at 17:01, Desmond Richardson said:

@MarcPTFC can you please try the following for us?

Can you head to the following location and copy the files in this folder to a separate folder on your machine? (we want to keep these files safe...will explain in a second) C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2022\Caches

Once the files have been copied and they're safe. Can you please delete them from: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2022\Caches

Please can you then see if this fixes the issue? If it does, can you please send those files you copied for safe keeping over to us so we can try and fix it?

Any questions don't hesitate to ask.

editor@0_95x.skc

Edited to add that this still didn't fix the problem, I thought it had initially, but when changing over the teams for Germany it happened again.

I imagine it's going to be repetitive with each nation now.

Edited by MarcPTFC

@Desmond Richardson

@Kyle Brown

Hello there,

Just to add that this issue occurs for me on kit changes, team changes for competition winners (e.g. if I want to update the champions league winners of this season it only updates other lines), team changes for European competitions (like the above where you are updating teams participating in competitions for next season) and player history updates.

I have tried FM22 versions on both Mac and Windows, and both have the same issues. This was not an issue in FM21 and all of the above could be updated without errors.

Edited by CSP14

• Administrators

Hey @CSP14

Firstly, apologies you hadn't received any form of update until now.

There hasn't been much movement on the bug internally, which is why it was never flagged to me to come back and provide a response.

The short answer is no, there isn't much of an update.

I'm afraid due to the time of year this was first brought to our attention (May, 7 months into FM22's cycle), it's looking like there's little we can do to provide a resolution in the short term, and we'd be looking to have it resolved for a future edition.

That's not the answer you're looking for, and I completely understand the frustration, it's just not something we can fix ad-hoc due to the nature of testing that would be required to ensure there aren't subsequent knock on effects.

We've got everything we need to move forward and work towards a solution, I just can't promise any immediate timeframe.

I'm sorry, and if you've got anything further to ask/add then I've bookmarked the thread to ensure you get a more prompt response.