• Pre Game editor from ms store will not work

charlie10953
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

After downloading the app from the store it will open and then immediately crash.

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

After having this problem for months https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/pre-game-and-in-game-editor/no-support-for-more-than-for-squad-selection-rule-string1-r5564/ i waited till it was fixed. Gamepass changed his method of applying mods so i had to "move" the game (i just moved it into C disk since the start) just to apply the real name fix.

Then i was ready to start using the editor but what a surprise... it didnt even open! it just crash after the start. I used all methods in this thread but didnt work.

10 ore fa, bigmen ha scritto:

After having this problem for months https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/pre-game-and-in-game-editor/no-support-for-more-than-for-squad-selection-rule-string1-r5564/ i waited till it was fixed. Gamepass changed his method of applying mods so i had to "move" the game (i just moved it into C disk since the start) just to apply the real name fix.

Then i was ready to start using the editor but what a surprise... it didnt even open! it just crash after the start. I used all methods in this thread but didnt work.

I agree, it seems related to the new Gamepass method of applying mods. Hopefully the Devs will find a solution the soonest. Did you open a ticket meanwhile?

• SI Staff

Can we ask you to try going here C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps (or whatever drive you've installed FM on), check the "Football Manager 2022" folder?

We have responded with similar advice via the ticket as we are currently unable to get this to reproduce and so the more information the better.

9 minuti fa, Abdullah Patel ha scritto:

Can we ask you to try going here C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps (or whatever drive you've installed FM on), check the "Football Manager 2022" folder?

We have responded with similar advice via the ticket as we are currently unable to get this to reproduce and so the more information the better.

Hello, in my case this folder is empty.

On 10/03/2022 at 13:49, easymacbb said:

It's amazing that literally every person using the MS store version can't get the editor to open, except for the dev team.

yepp ... now after uninstalling and reinstalling .. many times .. XBOX app now crash in middle of download !!  the whole laptop now goes to trying to repair circle .. and only way to go out is go back in time to restore at certain point .. problem is when try to download game whole laptop crash at 0% downalod !! I raised ticket and can't reply !! bcz this game is crashing my laptop now !! and have to now re-install whole windows .. and have big project to run so can't do that till 2 weeks from now !! really thanks FM . I think the problem is in Xbox App and SI both .. but I blame SI !!! why on hell Editor is not installed with same game !! pls give me one logical reason why u r inviting this mess !! put both in one installation .. problem solved ... no drama  

Anyone got in contact with the ticket support? I already have 2 different people approaching me with very specific question on the save folder and the windows version.

En 15/3/2022 a las 9:37, mauroth dijo:

Anyone got in contact with the ticket support? I already have 2 different people approaching me with very specific question on the save folder and the windows version.

I did, after 5 days trying to fix it I got tired. I guess ill just skip the disastrous FM 22 and wait for 23, 

On 15/03/2022 at 08:37, mauroth said:

I got and same for me ... but now I can't install game as windows crash !! MStore & SI screwed my laptop !! 

IF i donwload game it stop now at 0% and says error .. and get blue crash screen !! which will appear again moment I start windows  as seem crazy XBOX try to complete that 0% without even me asking !! 

so couldn't' reply back to SI on what is in this X folder .. need to re-install windows now an backup my files first !! it basically now destroyed my windows 

need laptop as using it in work , will reply once re-install windows 

is shocking a game can caused damage to my windows every time now I want to install game again .. I never come across such game !! I don't blame entirely SI but MS,, but sure SI complicated matter by dividing game and editor for no valid reason !!  neither allow Editor and Game communicate to each other better !! sure editor need to know where new game is installed and if not at least don't f*** close down but ask us where data are stored so we can give u the bloody path !! 

Edited by shwanko

NOW tried to install game in desktop instead laptop !! it crashes too !! same blue death screen 
    what is going on ?!! 
    I checked minidump 

it says DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) !! 
    all my drivers are updated .. and what is odds of this happening in laptop and Desktop too !! 

just an update ... found it weird why game is now crashing window with blue screen when trying to install it in both desktop and laptop forcing me to restore to older point 
    Today I found out what is the problem !! is AV refusing to let XBOX download and it suicide into blue screen

I managed to re-install game finally but in both editor is not working !! 

hace 1 hora, mauroth dijo:

@Abdullah Pateldo you have an update on the issue? It's been more than 2 weeks and we're eager to help speed up the process, but we're also starting feeling abandoned from the lack of feedback. Thanks

I dont think they are even giving attention to this. Just look that the last patch isnt even out yet, they are really late this year because the game is full of bugs.

this issue for me is been about a month now !! 

and Sega support email me every time with one QS then disappear for one day then another QS ?!! why he don't list all QS at once !! today he asked me what Windows OS am using !! he could had asked that first time !! 
    I want change what I edited before as I found many mistakes on leagues I added .. now players get banned after 2nd yellow, table is not based on GD if equal on points .. fans attended at 300 at derby match in 25k capacity, no transfer deadline  ...etc!! 

why Editor when created new league don't by default create common sense that is applied by most of league !! which league ban a player after 2nd yellow ? or have no deadline for transfer ?!!

On 09/03/2022 at 16:07, Abdullah Patel said:

yeahh empty for me too !!
    to produce the error .. just install into C;\FM22 for example .. and u will see the problem .. problem started when we changed default installtion path for moding but now can't even revert back to old location as we don't know even where it is?

Edited by shwanko

On 10/03/2022 at 16:49, easymacbb said:

It's amazing that literally every person using the MS store version can't get the editor to open, except for the dev team.

Exactly. 

• Administrators

I'm glad to hear it, and can only apologise for the lack of update in between times, there just wasn't much to give.

Thank you all for the patience shown, if anybody continues to encounter this do please let me know and I'll flag it asap. I'll have this thread bookmarked and will be available during normal working hours. 

4 hours ago, mauroth said:

Good news guys! the latest patch solved the issue. Finally :)

Yes, finally. Editor update from MS Store fixed it for me too.