• Files Disappearing From Editor

Shaneo94
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hi I'm Not Sure How To Explain This But Basically I Save My Custom Files And For Some Reason They Appear On My Hard Drive But Not In The Editor. Is There Anyway To Get Them To Reappear In The Editor. BTW I Put The Affected Files Also Should Mention It In The Default Editor Data older

Republic Of Shaneistan Official July 2022.fmf Republic Of Shaneistan.fmf

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Download The Files And Then Load The Editor And See If They Appear

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have the same issue with the FM2022 editor. It seems to not read .fmf files. Never experienced this problem on previous FM pregame editors. So far I haven’t found a fix.

• Administrators

We've got this logged for future versions and we'll hopefully come up with a solution.

For now, our QA team have offered the following workaround:

Firstly, could we ask for a copy of the cache files so we can see if their editor is breaking the files when saving them.

Then, if you try to export the file rather than save it, does this work? These files will appear to require verifying, when they don't, but this can be worked around by not disabling all files on game start as it will be enabled by default, or by adding some rules to the file and then verifying them without making any changes.

You would want to select rules -> add nation rules -> add lower divisions and cups to existing structure. This would keep the default rules in place rather than deleting them.

If this still doesn't help, could you clear the editor cache and reinstall both the editor and game, please. :) 

On 03/08/2022 at 14:03, Kyle Brown said:

We've got this logged for future versions and we'll hopefully come up with a solution.

For now, our QA team have offered the following workaround:

Firstly, could we ask for a copy of the cache files so we can see if their editor is breaking the files when saving them.

Then, if you try to export the file rather than save it, does this work? These files will appear to require verifying, when they don't, but this can be worked around by not disabling all files on game start as it will be enabled by default, or by adding some rules to the file and then verifying them without making any changes.

You would want to select rules -> add nation rules -> add lower divisions and cups to existing structure. This would keep the default rules in place rather than deleting them.

If this still doesn't help, could you clear the editor cache and reinstall both the editor and game, please. :) 

I have a similar issue. I’ve read your response but I don’t know how to do the majority of this. I’ve no clue how to export the file or clear the editor cache.

• Administrators

The cache location can be found here: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2022\Caches. If you could copy and send these files to us first, then delete them from the folder and see if this fixes the issue. You may have to show hidden folders in order for the AppData folder to appear. 

To export a file, it's in the same place as saving it the file on the editor. To verify the file, rules > add nation rules > add lower divisions and cups to existing structure. Then Rules > Verify Rules.

After doing so, may be worth doing a full reinstall of the editor and seeing if that helps at all, as it may remove a corrupted file.

If I can help with anything further, let us know. :) 

En 18/8/2022 a las 8:53, Kyle Brown dijo:

The cache location can be found here: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2022\Caches. If you could copy and send these files to us first, then delete them from the folder and see if this fixes the issue. You may have to show hidden folders in order for the AppData folder to appear. 

To export a file, it's in the same place as saving it the file on the editor. To verify the file, rules > add nation rules > add lower divisions and cups to existing structure. Then Rules > Verify Rules.

After doing so, may be worth doing a full reinstall of the editor and seeing if that helps at all, as it may remove a corrupted file.

If I can help with anything further, let us know. :) 

Hi,

Here is the only file inside of the aforementioned caches file.  With my FM 2022 Pre-Game Editor, it will not open or recognise any .fmf file, so there is no way to open the file toexport them as .xml.  This has never happened on any previous FM pregame editor.  

editor@1_25x.skc