• Young Player Personality Crash

Bigpapa42
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Running a save in Argentina. Focused on developing youth. I've seen a couple of times now where young player personalities have crashed hard and it feels a bit.. wonky. I realize that young players are more "malleable" in terms of personality and events can impact them. But a couple of these have happened in situations where I'm not sure anything did. 

I tend to data track youth development. Every six-months in-game, I add a Note for most promising players with their CA, PA, Determination, Ambition, and Professionalism. 

Most recent one was a 5-star newgen GK that generated at a small Argentine club. Almost a perfect prospect - high CA, 190+ PA, and all 3 personality attributes were very high. I was eventually able to sign him, and when he arrived, I noticed his personality description had changed. When I looked "under the hood", his Ambition and Professionalism had both dropped by 5 points apiece. Would signing for a big club do that? 

I've also seen it happen on youth intake players. Youth intake happens in May in Argentina. I tend to data track the new ones then. Then in July, I do the mid-year. Saw a couple of newgens who had similar 4-5 point drops in Ambition and Professionalism. But they never left the youth team. They generated, signed their youth deals, and played in the youth squad for 2 months. I'm not sure there is a catalyst for a personality crash. 

Unfortunately I "solved" most of these by editing them back to the original point. If they have dropped gradually from there based on factors, I've let that happen. But the big crash felt weird. So while I've uploaded the save for a separate issue, I'm not sure it will show anything as I've tended to "correct" the issue when I've noticed it. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Do you have any save files you could provide alongside the tracked data? I can forward this on to our testing team to take a look. :) 

I recently uploaded a save file from that game for another issue. Under the name Cesare Valerio Robles - Rosario Central 4. Unfortunately I didn't save it right before or after one of these happened. I just reset them. If it happens again, I will make multiple versions of the save file and upload them. 

Don't know when it occurred, but spotted a newgen who has from 11 Determination, 17 ambition, and 13 Professionalism to 11 Determination, 13 Ambition, 9 Professionalism. Not quite as dramatic as some of the others I spotted, but haven't edited  him back. Generated in the previous year's youth intake and never moved out of the U20s squad. 

Can upload the save if it will help. 

Edited by Bigpapa42

• Administrators

Yeah any further save files will always be a help to us, just let us know the name of the save and the name of the player example. :)