• Ticket Prices aren't increasing according to reputation and success

Invector
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I'm managing Diosgyör in Hungary and I'm in 2054, I've been champions of Hungarian first division for the past 22 years, won 9 Champions League titles, I'm the top reputation team in the world, and I single handedly carried the Hungarian league to 8th spot in Europe.

We built a new stadium and expanded it, it has 30240 capacity. We have 25270 season ticket holders, the price for seasonal tickets is 99€ and average ticket price is 10€.

Meanwhile, ZTE, another Hungarian side, hasn't won a single cup in last 50 years, can charge their seasonal ticket holders 122€ and their average ticket price is 11€.

The best team in real life in Hungary is Ferencvaros, they charge 198€ for seasonal tickets, and average 15€ for ticket price. The cups they won in last 20 years are Hungarian cup in 2040 and 2041, they also won the Euro Cup II in 2040. The last time they were in a Champions League Group was in 2025, and they were the 4th with zero points.

I get that Hungary isn't a rich country and people won't be able to pay 66€ for each ticket like Barcelona fans, or 58€ for each ticket like Chelsea fans. But couldn't they at least pay 15€ like Ferencvaros fans? Or 40€ like Galatasaray fans, or 23€ like Salzburg fans?

I live in Turkey and I support Galatasaray, and my best friend is living in Budapest, Hungary, and I know for a fact that Hungarians would be able to pay more for tickets, but that's beside the point. The point is, a 9 times Champions League winner team's tickets should be higher than any other team that hasn't won at least one Champions League team in the same league.

Moreover, our average attendance is 99%. So, there is extreme demand for the tickets. When there is extreme demand, you either expand the stadium or make a bigger stadium, or raise the prices of the tickets to make more money.

Meanwhile we make about 250 millions from sponsors, 100 millions from player sales and 100 millions from Champions League prize and 40 million from merchs, we only make 4 million from gate receipts and 2 million from season tickets. Only 6 million from fans watching our games. That's about 1% of our income.

I ask for new ground, the management refuses, because of the "you can only build a stadium every 25 years" rule. I can't expand it either, nor can I raise the ticket prices.

Moreover, I have the ingame editor and I can't even edit the ticket prices, meanwhile with tools like FMRTE and FMSE you can! Then why did I pay for the ingame editor, when it's inferior?

ticket price 2.PNG

ticket price 1.PNG

finances 2.PNG

finances 1.PNG

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

We'd various save games in order to investigate this properly and have it passed over to the Dev team.

Have you got any prior to new stadiums being completed, or winning the Champions League for the first time, or sharp increases to reputation, for example?

On 05/01/2022 at 14:59, Kyle Brown said:

We'd various save games in order to investigate this properly and have it passed over to the Dev team.

Have you got any prior to new stadiums being completed, or winning the Champions League for the first time, or sharp increases to reputation, for example?

I'm uploading my save file so you can see it yourself.

My Club built a new stadium and we immediately expanded it after our successes in Champions League, we won the CL 9 times and our ticket prices were 10€ / season tickets 99€, and last year we won the CL again, won a bunch of other cups.

After seeing that my club wouldn't built a new stadium, nor would they raise the prices of tickets, I got frustrated and raised the limit of expansions of the stadium using the ingame editor. After one expansion, my club agreed to a new stadium to be built, and I think they are planning it now, though not sure when it will be built.

The ticket price has grown from 5€ to 10€ in my 30+ year save, and seeing we're the top rated team and the demand to our tickets are so high, it's unrealistic. In reality, people should be paying 40 to 50 euros to see our games, even though we're a Hungarian side. Hungary isn't a poor country, it's in the EU, and very close to other big countries with big teams, the drive from Vienna to Miskolc (where Diosgyör is located) is only 4 hours. The reasoning of "you're in Hungary" doesn't make sense, especially since Ferencvaros is also a Hungarian side and they are a tiny club compared to our successes. Comparing one club with an european cup to another, Galatasaray will always be superior to Beşiktaş or Fenerbahçe no matter what happens, until they can win a European cup. Imagine if Galatasaray won 10 Champions League titles. The other teams would be history, everyone would want to watch Galatasaray, the ticket prices would go fivefold.

My save file is uploaded, named "Izzet Buyukkurkcu - Diósgyőr.fm".

Kind regards.